Freedom out of JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RiddleEagle18

I cant believe this hasn't been posted here yet.

We have received word that Delta is going to relocate our entire operation to KCVG beginning May 2nd, 2009. We have certainly seen an improvement in our JFK operation however; I feel we will be an even better airline when we have all our resources operating out of one location. The CVG hub will provide a much better operating platform for us as it is away from the northeast airspace, ATC delays, and limited gate space. I expect this move to have a very positive impact on Freedom and our people for the long term.

We are aware that some of you have come to know New York as home. We also realize that the base relocation to CVG may have a significant impact on your way of life and that of your families too. Our decision is driven by our partner’s needs and long term strategy. Undertaking such a dramatic operational move is challenging for the company as well. It’s paramount that we remain flexible and continue to work together to do our best to maintain optimal operational status.

The flight crew base will be reduced over the next few months in waves however will officially close May 2nd ending with bid 09-05. The maintenance and ground support base will close at the end of the operating day on May 1st, 2009. Please look for more detailed information to come out from each department on specific procedures for the closure and options you will have.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. As always, thanks for your understanding, hard work and support.

I cant believe this hasn't been posted here yet.

We have received word that Delta is going to relocate our entire operation to KCVG beginning May 2nd, 2009. We have certainly seen an improvement in our JFK operation however; I feel we will be an even better airline when we have all our resources operating out of one location. The CVG hub will provide a much better operating platform for us as it is away from the northeast airspace, ATC delays, and limited gate space. I expect this move to have a very positive impact on Freedom and our people for the long term.

boo

Anyone getting a Milton/Office Space feeling about this?

Bill Lumbergh: Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?
Milton Waddams: Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

Might this be the first step of Delta getting rid of Mesa once and for all?

Latest resources

Back