Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whirlwind said:
Just curious, because I don't know...

Does Great Britian not have something along the lines of our 1st admendment?

I am not a law professor, but I believe the Queen and censor anyone that she wants.

The guy is obviously a moron and like someone else said, gets a kick out of being contrarian. Good thing they threw him off!

Secondly, there really is no use of his DL for security. It has more to do with tickets being nontransferable in most cases, at least not without paying a fee:(

I am sure, he also claims taxes to be unconstitutional and the government involved in a vast conspiracy just to pi$$ him off.

Does Great Britian not have something along the lines of our 1st admendment?

Let's say that they do, and this button was covered "political" speech. There are already examples of political speech which are not permitted on aircraft. You can't get on a Delta flight to Florida, and start telling everyone how great Castro is, and shout Viva Fidel! The plane will never leave the gate. Same thing if you are reading a book on bomb making, or start asking about the explosive force of the fuel carried on board.

This is a case of helping to create a disturbing and upsetting environment, which is counter to passenger safety and comfort.

All air travel is at the discretion of the carrier.

Obviously, they don't want such an obnoxious potential troublemaker on board.

I applaud the guy for wearing it through security, but he should have had the sense to remove it before boarding. He isn't really protesting BA, he is protesting Tom Ridge, John Ashcroft, and President Bush's martial law security plan.

Something about the story bugged me, so I started to think about it and I finally realized what seemed odd. The story is about BA refusing to carry him, meaning that he successfully navigated the entire security process at SFO.

If the story was about a TSA agent who refused to let him through security, I would be sympathetic, but they obviously let him go; so I have to agree with Proptrash, the guy is just a troublemaker.

regards,
8N

Latest resources

Back