Freedom isn't Free

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cynic said:
Greatest generation? Rampant racism, sexism, gay bashing… unprecedented economic growth during their lifetimes… Those guys had it easy and those times were great so long as you were a white male. Try buying a house now on the same income adjusted for inflation.

get back in the closet fool!

Hey now, I never said I wasn’t thankful for our vets. I was just pointing out something about a GENERATION. Geez…. Oh.. and I forgot to mention they are the only ones to really receive the full benefits of our nation's social welfare; Social Security. Now our generation, we’ve got to work for everything and probably till we die. Not many of you will retire at 65.

I personally think our greatest generation was the next one. The ones that rebelled against the man, their parents and social institutions for justice. Now that was a great generation.

Just food for thought, would fewer people have died if we just let Hitler and Tojo run their course. About 66 million people died in WWII What if we left Tojo and Hitler alone, and their governments collapsed 20 years later (like the soviet union) and only 30 million people died in death camps?

cynic said:
Just food for thought, would fewer people have died if we just let Hitler and Tojo run their course. About 66 million people died in WWII What if we left Tojo and Hitler alone, and their governments collapsed 20 years later (like the soviet union) and only 30 million people died in death camps?

Neville Chamberlain, is that you?

What would happen if we wiped out the middle east??? No more terrorists and cheaper fuel prices! Just food for thought!

Greatest Loser

cynic said:
Greatest generation? Rampant racism, sexism, gay bashing… unprecedented economic growth during their lifetimes… Those guys had it easy and those times were great so long as you were a white male. Try buying a house now on the same income adjusted for inflation.

I don't comment often, but this "Cynic" person's brain must be deferred. Generally, I've found pilots to be above average of intellect. Here we see a notable exception...assuming this person really is a pilot.

How dare this "Cynic" person bring his audacious remarks onto a thread honoring those who have made such unmeasurable sacrifice. The aforementioned "Greatest Generation" knew sacrifice and accomplishment this "Cynic" person cannot conceive of. The veterans of the 461st Bombardment Group are a national treasure, as are all WWII vets. The members of the "Greatest Generation" are giants, the caliber of which may never be seen again. IMHO, this "Cynic"...person, is a giant piss ant, a national embarassment.

Redan said:
I don't comment often, but this "Cynic" person's brain must be deferred. Generally, I've found pilots to be above average of intellect. Here we see a notable exception...assuming this person really is a pilot.

How dare this "Cynic" person bring his audacious remarks onto a thread honoring those who have made such unmeasurable sacrifice. The aforementioned "Greatest Generation" knew sacrifice and accomplishment this "Cynic" person cannot conceive of. The veterans of the 461st Bombardment Group are a national treasure, as are all WWII vets. The members of the "Greatest Generation" are giants, the caliber of which may never be seen again. IMHO, this "Cynic"...person, is a giant piss ant, a national embarassment.

Cynic is a tool who wouldn't have the balls to say what he is posting here to any of the veterans in person.

Just another little anonymous dork talking tough on a message board.

I Agree, we owe the "old hats" a lot. I was a paratropper for 12 yrs in Haiti, bosnia, kosovo, Iraq and other great vacation spots and i'm still humbled when i meet one of these men. Their courage and sacrafice molded the world and freedom as we know it today. I spend a day every year volunteering at VA hospitals just talking to these men and helping out. It's a real eye opener every year. Maybe as a vet i appreciate it more, but doubtful. It chaps my ass to hear others bash this country or vets, but i have to look at my scars and remember that "this is what I and countless others have bled for." my 2 cents worth..............................

Dingo: as someone who was medically unable to serve I want to thank you for your service to this country and to us.

Ditto

Dingo, I would also like to express my gratitude.

Latest resources

Back