Freedom isn't Free

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cynic said:
Hey now, I never said I wasn’t thankful for our vets. I was just pointing out something about a GENERATION. Geez…. Oh.. and I forgot to mention they are the only ones to really receive the full benefits of our nation's social welfare; Social Security. Now our generation, we’ve got to work for everything and probably till we die. Not many of you will retire at 65.

I personally think our greatest generation was the next one. The ones that rebelled against the man, their parents and social institutions for justice. Now that was a great generation.

Just food for thought, would fewer people have died if we just let Hitler and Tojo run their course. About 66 million people died in WWII What if we left Tojo and Hitler alone, and their governments collapsed 20 years later (like the soviet union) and only 30 million people died in death camps?

Dammmm Hippies!

Cynic,

Without question the boomer's are the worst generation. The poster children of the generation that is, they average Joe and Mary are as good as they come. You're hippy protesters types were nothing more than spoiled children throwing a tantrum, most of them Marxist, Leninist, Stalinist or Maoist more interested in tearing down this great country than advancing any social good. They are still around and at every opportunity they dig out their tie dyed shirts and hold a protest against this country whenever we try to advance the causes of FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY, and yet they have nothing but praise the likes of Castro and Kim the Ill and their workers paradises. People like you don't deserve the privilege of living in this great country, unless of course you're just young and stupid like I once was. Educate yourself or else hop a milk crate to Havanna.

Peace

Did anyone actually read cynic's post? I don't think he said anything about the folks who have served our country - he just questioned whether or not that generation was truly the greatest. Geez, you guys get your panties in a wad so easily. Hate to see what would happen if we did have to fight a war on our own soil.

my guess is the reason for starting this thread was not to thank the vets but start an arguement on politics. did hannity start this thread?

incubus said:
my guess is the reason for starting this thread was not to thank the vets but start an arguement on politics. did hannity start this thread?

My thoughts exactly ... anytime you start a thread by stating "__________ is the greatest _________ ever" you're looking for a fight. Who the hell really cares?!

polysciguy9 said:
My thoughts exactly ... anytime you start a thread by stating "__________ is the greatest _________ ever" you're looking for a fight. Who the hell really cares?!

Go back to playing your x-box.

polysciguy9 said:
At least I can afford one

Ummm...yea..think you got him there.

I might have the awsome chance at something special tomarrow morning. I work at a place that does several things with L39's. We have a 4 ship formation leaving tomarrow going over a funeral of a WW2 Vet. I was listening to storys about him all night. By the storys and the family/friends around, this man is nothing short of amazing. Just wanted to say this is going to be one of the most honerable things i will be apart of so far in my life. Ill let ya know what goes on and how it turns out.

Latest resources

Back