Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mentality and the big change

read on. there is a point to this.

imagine if you will, a time and a place in wich you suddenly are hit with a big rock on your head <not literally>....ow...and now you suddenly arent flying anymore. for some reason, you now have no flying job.

"what the hell happened? "youll ask yourself. many many times.

lemme tell you something. unfortunately i just resigned from a scheduled decent paying <36k> cargo feeder job. i would rather look for work being alive than loking for work having died falling asleep on the ILS. all the stories about sleeping and fatigue are true. they are avoidable but only for a limited time.it will catch up to you and your attitude WILL change. then theres nothing else you can do except fall asleep and die or quit and live. i could handle it and did . flew through stuff that you guys shake your head at...and have when ive told you....cause boxes dont complain and with an AD removed autopilot..single pilot. after a while youre just so tired all the time. nothing works. so i saved my own life and resigned.

NOW THE POINT

im dying from not flying. i WILL TAKE any flying job thats not as bad or worse than what i had. if that means working for a non-union airline. so be it. i would be flying for them. im not going to starve and sell off all my belongings and live in a friggin box and live without a job because its not a union job and its bad for the industry. F the union if thats what they want. i will take it if they ask me to. its flying. its work. and its not burger flipping. ive got 6 months before people stop looking at me as a potential newhire. I AM ALIVE. I AM NOT DEAD. I WILL FLY AGAIN. i made that 100 percent absolutely possible.

zero tolerance? F you man. i mean that with the blackest part of my hart. if you instantly had zero income right now. just how long could you survive on your cash in the bank? then what? who would you fly for? most likely anyone. and if theyre not a union? and it means living and eating?.....you would have a different thought.

god

have some cheeze with your wine.

yeah they threaten youre airline. and you threaten theirs. how do you think they feel about it? their working conditions are worse than yours cause of it. but its flying. and theyre alive and working. and youre trying to make sure that their jobs continue to suck.

Freedom, working with knowlege that a concentrated group out there is trying to make sure their job sucks for eternity is a bad feeling. i stand up for freedom airlines. but only for the pilots. because they need a flying job too. the instant you take a job without airplanes, the next interview will ask you why. and possibly not even interview you because of it. screwing you for life by taking that burger job.

id rather work for them than shoot myself in the foot, being screwed for life. specially in this market.

open your minds to the big picture eh?
ALPA is alright. have no problem with them or any other union. i see the good and the bad of a union.

let em jumpseat, they need to get home and sleep/be with family. gonna maroon someone cause they needed a job and badly? just like i need one???

zero tolerance? go F yourself in F'n hell. you have no idea how much bile i taste in disgust of that remark.

There is a big difference between a non union and a non union, union busting airline.

Take the advice of one of the above posts, read Flying the Line Volumes I and II. It might open your eyes to the extreme gravity of the current situation in regards to the Pilot proffession.

And take my advice...simmer down, you'll live longer!!

Mayday.

And the "Extreme Gravity of the Current Situation" is due in NO small part to the actions of ALPA National.

My father was an ALPA Member and MEC officer.
My brother is an ALPA Member and Committee Member.
My cousin is an ALPA Member.
I was an ALPA Member.

My father, brother and myself got the royal weenie at the hands of ALPA. Why? Because we worked for a small airline that got into
a brawl with a big one. Did ALPA mediate? Did they seek a fair
resolution demanded by elemental fairness and legal duty. No.

Whenever a big pilot group gets into conflict with a small one, ALPA favors the big one. That is a fact. Now days, it doesn't even matter if the big one is ALPA or not. Look at AA/TW. Or
Freedom/Mesa. CCAir. Reno. A bunch of others.

I am no J.O. fan. He is a scumbag. However, I've gotten a bigger
screwing at the hands of my union brothers than any management. For years the Mesa/Trans States/Chautauqua
crowd limited career progression for WO pilots. Now their progression is threatened, and they become unionists. Whatever.
Too late. Go get an industry leading contract. Then I'll listen.
Until then, take your Freedom Senority List jumpseat talk and your big talk about being an ALPA diehard and jam it in your piehole.

mayday911

my eyes are open, believe me.
i do see exactly whats going on.

dont take out an issue with freedom on the pilots that work for them.

they need money and flight time.

youre issue is not with them.

its with the companies that they work for.

dont make freedom pilots lives suck cause theres issues with their company. its not them. its their company, so be professional about it.

ill live plenty long now. like i said i made sure ill stay alive. but ill simmer down when people think straight and address the direct problem. instead of screwing the pilot thats trying to feed his newborn kid by working for the non-union, let him get home or to work so he can do that. if its a union busting airline...then thats who you have issue with. the pilots that work for it are just wanting to fly and afford to get food and a place to live.

still gonna leave him standing in the terminal while you take off with a light load?

be professional, let him/her ride along to get home or to work. suck it up! and deal with it the right way, addressing the companies that are giving the problem...not the pilots. leave them out of it. theyre just trying to make some money. being subversive and generally mean wont help you at all.

that industry is my next step, i certinly know that theres too much BS to worry about to fix it yourself. can i do anything about it? no? then why wory about it? is there anything you can actually do that will be totally effective in making a remedy for this? not letting someone jumpseat wont fix any of it. itll just make a guy freakin pissed and hate the guys at youre airline. vote your vote when the time comes. talk with your reps when theyre there to talk to. keeping a poor working pilot from his family is just cruel and mean. his choice of where to work is based on what he needs in his life not on who can he screw next.

I was about to reply, but Strikefinder not only beat me to it, but also said it much better than I could have.

ACA, SKW, AIRWIS, now look out...UAL looking for someone cheaper? Watch the Freedumb buzzaed swoop in on us too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back