Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SquirrelDog

ADF User
I heard the call sign " Freedom Air" the other day out West. Does anyone know if this is the Infamous non-union new mesa start up? And how many pilots do they have online and who are they.

Squirreldog

yep you just heard freedom "scumbag" air. they have 100-120 pilots and seven airframes.
Congratulate them for helping to break mesa'a union. wait until we get those 700's back here at mesa, it might take a while to get the rat smell out of the cockpits, but we'll manage.

Freedom Airlines Pilot List

This was posted on our ALPA site, thought I would pass it along:

Below is a list of current Freedom Airlines pilots as of 1/14/03. This list is circulating among all the ALPA carriers. Many Freedom Airlines pilots are attempting to jumpseat with their old Mesa ID's. These pilots are NOT Mesa Airlines pilots and if they are using a Mesa ID then they are doing so in a fraudulent manner.
Freedom Airlines currently employs 110 pilots. Currently PSA does not have a jumpseat agreement with Freedom Airlines.

OH and BTW...I am a complete idiot for even trying to post pilots name on this website. I am now banned from using the board for posting peoples names. I am such a complete idiot......how can I even think about being a captain when I stoop so low to post peoples names.

Why would these pilots want to ruin their future airline careers by joining a non-ALPA (scab) airline?

Yes, putting FOOD on the table and paying RENT is important - money could be the absolute driver of the decision... But I am sure they could qualify for other flying positions out there (e.g., Netjets, Chataqua, Part 91 corporate). Do they realize they are being black-listed? Why do it then?

They better like the CRJ-700/900 because they will be flying that for the rest of their careers...

Any Freedom pilots out there BRAVE enough to respond?

I wish everyone luck in this tough environment - but I wish people had considered the implications of their choices...

I can understand a guy really needing a job to pay the rent and buy food. Hey, many of us have been there. Chances are you could make more money waiting tables than you would first year at Freedom. Construction jobs are out there. Man I can remember helping a guy frame an interior addition in Florida. Talk about a workout. That was a 2 pound a day weight loss program. Most in this business have a pretty good memory when it comes to issues like this. I can't imagine what some of these folks are thinking, especially the guys that left Mesa for Freedom. Some kid coming up through MAPD might not know any better but anyone who has been at Mesa or any airline for that matter, should know better. That's OK. We'll have 100+ blacklisted guys that won't be competing against us for a job at a major when things turn around.

There's a Freedom guy that lives in Rapid City S.D.

He jumpseated on us one time using his old MESA i.d.
We asked him what he flew & he said he was going to the 50 seat RJ. After the flight we saw a list we realized he was Freedom.
He's white in his mid 40's with balding hair. I realize were not union, but these guys represent a threat to every regional out there by underbidding for contracts!!

bluestreak, shame on you for believing in something! Shame on you for having the gumption for not being gutless, shame on you for being unified! You are a disgrase to every pilot in the industry for standing up to injustice! Shame on you.:rolleyes: I hope you don't say God Bless America in public; you might offend someone!

If anybodys interested in getting a current list of Freescum Pilots, PM me and leave your email address. I'll send it to you ASAP to add to your flight bag.

BlueStreak. Good going man. Got to love the moderators.

Anybody want to start up a website to keep a current list of the Freedom scum on it for pilots to download? Just curious.

Latest resources

Back