free recurrents at fsi?

falcondrivr

Total Time
anybody know if the rumor about fsi giving free recurrents to pilots who lost their jobs is true?

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
yes, for full service clients, ends at the end of 09.

phishn@daves

Total Time
anybody know if the rumor about fsi giving free recurrents to pilots who lost their jobs is true?
Called the "Pilot Proficieny" program. I just finished CE-680 at FSI in Orlando. The instructors there were trying to see if they could get the program extended.

The Kman

Total Time
I just read the above posts. I am furloughed from Options. I have been doing some contract flying in the Beechjet for a company close to home. All of my training has been done at Simuflight. Can anyone provide more information about this program.

SpeedRestricted

Total Time
I just read the above posts. I am furloughed from Options. I have been doing some contract flying in the Beechjet for a company close to home. All of my training has been done at Simuflight. Can anyone provide more information about this program.
For FSI full service clients only. As of now, Simuflite does not have anything similar.

cordova1

Total Time
check with your local un employment center. They have a program formerly called the dislocated worker program. Every county gets a certain amount of money. This money is given to people who have lost their job, and could possibly find a new job if they had training. It is a long process, and you will be dealing with people who know nothing about aviation. It helps if you talk to someone at a training center, and have them contact your local rep. They can explain it better since they have delt with it. I got through the process, but my county is so small the ammount of money I would have recieved would have got me half a sim session and 3/4 of a ground school.

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Total Time
1500+
check with your local un employment center. They have a program formerly called the dislocated worker program. Every county gets a certain amount of money. This money is given to people who have lost their job, and could possibly find a new job if they had training. It is a long process, and you will be dealing with people who know nothing about aviation. It helps if you talk to someone at a training center, and have them contact your local rep. They can explain it better since they have delt with it. I got through the process, but my county is so small the ammount of money I would have recieved would have got me half a sim session and 3/4 of a ground school.
Isn't that more widely known as the Workforce Investment Act?

The Kman

Total Time
Unfortunately the unemployment in many states is near insolvent. Nursing was the only training I could get through the WIA. Regardless, thanks for help. It is greatly apreciated.