Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

realmanofgenius

midget wih a big penis
I have come into knowledge based on eyewitness account and actual senority list of a guy at my new job in Asia who has falsified his app. He got an airbus type and pencil whipped all the time..he claims to have worked for a defunct US airline. He works for a regional now and was milking that job for a while unto he was forced to take a medical to finish training here....what do you do? I have knowledge and it is fraud...I am finding that many are just getting types and making up time...I'm shocked but not really..pilots can be an interesting breed..I'm thinking about just turning this over to the agency and let them do their job... need opinion... I'm polling

Guys like that give all of us expats a bad name.

The only thing worse is being branded as a rat.

Let their training department fish him out. It should be easily apparent to them that he doesn't know the airplane. If they let him through, then you might want to re-think the quality of the airline you are working for.

The problem with this sort of thing is that this individual might trump the opportunity for another pilot from the same company who is legitimate due to the fact that a lot of these companies when they have a very bad experience with someone from company "X" they just don't hire anyone else from that outfit. It is a difficult scenario for sure but the question you should be asking yourself is if it falls on you to be the guardian of the legitimacy of applicants to your company, is that part of your job description?

I had a friend that i helped get a job at my last employer. I was working in the hiring department and filed a new hire package in the documents room. My friends file was right there so i opened it up to take a look. He had 300 hrs of king air time listed. Ironically that is about what I have in a King Air. He used the time I flew and logged it for himself. He never even set foot in a King Air.. ever...

He hung himself there on an unrelated item and got canned.

a guy I have knowledge of here in India was a pencil whipped fraud , couldnt even use the fms's or close the door (corporate jet) .... but he flew just 30 hrs in his 9 mths as he scared the ******************** out of the owner more than once, who then woke up to the fact he needed to be replaced asap. I was told it was found out out this guy had never flown a jet apart from his type rating training!

These people are accidents waiting to happen, which is scary when innocent lives and futures are at stake.

And any training department worth a cr@p will wash them out. If they are passed through, you have bigger issues to worry about with the airline you are working for.

the air india crash got me thinking..and this question? could I put my wife and kids on this plane with a fraud captain and a low time FO who just got back from basic flight training...

I've seen too much of this in my time as an expat. I'd go confront the guy and get his story. If it's an obvious lie and you are 100% sure of it then tell him you will have to report it to management.

Typhoonpilot

Be a man and do the right thing.

If the airline were using counterfeit parts, or if the mechanics had no training, wouldn't you report it? Your passengers are real people, with real families, and deserve action on your part.

Ditto to the last two posts. Been through three checkrides here in Asia. My f/o's are very low time guys. If the guy in the right seat isn't fit to be a captain he needs to be outed. The outfit I fly for, that I will not disclose, is in need of captains badly. I can see them pushing a guy through even if he is weak. Secondly, I don't know this for a fact but I don't think they checked my background at all. Aside from all the documented paperwork I supplied, and, the stack of 6 logbooks, I don't think one reference was phoned, or, former employer, that I know of.
I think a lot of the vetting procedure is suppose to be done by the recruiter. But the recruiter is a used car salesman. "Just fill out the documents for what they are looking for" is the attitude I think with some of these places. Get a guy in the process and see if he passes. That's it.
I know what all of you are thinking so, here it is. All the expats at my company have previous captain time in various types of turbojet aircraft and must have captain time in the 320 series of at least 1000hrs. The aviation world is small. I heard from a friend on the radio the other day. He recognized my voice. We are both flying over a foreign country 7500 miles from home, passing each other. You never know when or who you are going to meet again. Be truthful, honest, sincere, and, respectful to everyone. Especially your flying mates. If you KNOW this guy is bogus call him out. I want my worst day(or my families) to end like Sully's on the river, not like the guy in Buffalo.

Latest resources

Back