Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

travis

Howdy all,

Just wanted to give everyone an update on some changes I've made to FracTracker. Site usage dropped over the past few months due the necessary change in data providers, so if you gave up on the site, I can't say that I blame you. However, if you haven't tried it out in a few weeks, here is a quick run-down of the new additions:

1. Choice of 4 flight tracking options. After the crash last May, I'm not going to let you be at the mercy of a single data provider anymore. If one goes down you'll now have a few other options available.

2. A new Citation Shares tracking page! It's not an option on the main page just yet, but you can use it now by going to: http://citations.fractracker.com

3. A text only pop-up window which shows the last flight data for up to several weeks later...just like it used to be! (remember to hold down the CTRL or shift key if you've got pop-up stopper installed)

4. An option to view flight tracking data and moving maps from FBOweb (FracTracker's original data provider)

5. A new option to view a very nice java topographic moving map of flights in progress from Trip.com.

6. A link to tracking data from Flytecomm, which includes text data for each flight within the past 24 hours, and a radar/satellite composite map of flights in progress.

In addition to providing variety and site stability, each of these tracking options provides some type of unique feature which I felt shouldn't be excluded.

I'm presently working on other features which I hope you'll enjoy and find useful. If you have any suggestions, comments or questions, please don't hesitate to email me or post them here.

Remember to share FracTracker with your family and co-workers. Finally, a BIG thanks to everyone for thier support and patience over the past few months.

Travis
www.fractracker.com

Last edited:
Hello Travis,

Great site !!!!!!

My family tracks me all the time now and they finally see that I actually do work for a living.

How about adding a fleet tracking section se we can see who else is flying and where they are.

Thanks again for the site.

Looks like a great web site- Thank you from the boys in Hangar G for all your effort! We are hooked.

Thanx Travis, because of your site my girlfried almost believes me when I tell that I work for a living..... well sorta.....

Re: wow....

Turbinehead said:
wow, great job on fractracker....just a matter of time before the IPO, huh?

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sux, man. Keep working on it.

Turbinehead,

Although you fit the classic definition of an internet troll, your comment still hurts, and against my better judgement, I will now submit a reply.

Maybe you shouldn't mix computers with alcohol. Worse yet, perhaps you didn't even need alcohol to compose that textbook example of criticizing another to compensate for your feelings of inadequacy. Very schoolyard. Tres Chic.

Just to get us on the same page:

I know FracTracker is not perfect. It's not even close to what I envision to be possible. I know it's abilities are limited. There are a few reasons for that. Please allow me to explain.

I am just a fractional pilot. I'm not a professional website developer. In addition, I don't provide the actual tracking data, nor do I have any hand in formatting or editing that data. I only provide links to flight tracking pages from three providers: Flytecomm, Trip.com, or FBOweb.com.

All I did was develop a free website to access aircraft tracking data for fractional pilots and thier loved ones - something that wasn't widely available....even less widely known about.

My primary hope for FracTracker is that it will help ease the strain of the fractional pilot's lifestyle (on them and their family) by allowing the pilot's children, spouse, friends, etc. to feel more 'connected' with them.

I have spent money out of my pocket, and hundreds of hours of my very limited, and highly valued, free time developing FracTracker.

Despite my Netflix ad on the site, I have not seen a single penny in return. The other two random ads are placed by Angelfire to compensate them for the webhosting costs and bandwidth consumed.

I NEVER intend to charge for access to FracTracker, and I do not intend to make any profit on the site.

I have several ideas which would improve fractracker immensely. However, they would require a personal investment of thousands of dollars. I'm not prepared to invest in that sort of commitment at this time. Perhaps in the future.

Although the thought is disturbing, if you're actually a fractional pilot, then I suspect you can't quite figure FracTracker out. If you're not a fractional pilot, then FracTracker isn't for you. Leave me alone.

[Note to everyone else: I first sent a kinder version of this as a private message to Turbinehead and gave him several days to reply. Apparently, he wasn't up to the task.]

Hey Travis, you do a nice job on fractracker. My wife uses it all the time when I'm on the road. Thanks again and keep up the good work!!

Travis, my dad uses your website all the time. I send him my tail number every week, and he calls me knowing what city I'm in.

Thanks for the hard work.

Turbinehead: you suck.

Travis,

I know I speak for hundred's of pilots among the fractional community when I say: Thank You!

My family (Mom and Dad) track me when I'm on the road and my girlfriend does the same and it gives them a sense of comfort to know where I am. In my opinion, that is priceless.

One of the previous post was nothing more than SPAM.

Thanks for the hard work and allowing my family, and many others, to reap the reward of your hard work.

Travis,

In contrast to most of the other posters on this thread....now I can sit home and track my wife;) .

And don't even bother to listen to anything "turban/turbine-head" has to say. No one else on this board listens to him. He's an idiot. Proves it every time he posts.

Later...

Sorry pal..nice try...don't respond to idiots. But with each post, you continue to show yourself. Keep on postin', dude.

Latest resources

Back