• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fractionals and Tablets (IPad)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oz. Sim sessions this past week in your fleet were conducted using ipads. All feedback has been uniformly positive. Formal proposal is in process.

The theory is, each pilot will be issued a unit and responsible for keeping d-bases up to date and batteries charged before every flight among other requirements that will be in the Ops Spec as well as the new FOM (that is being written right now, yes another re-write to incorporate GLC-look for it by mid-summer). The downside of the ipad is that you won't be able to put ANYTHING on it other than approved docs and apps.

My question will be, can I buy my own, put all the company materials on it, comply with the FOM section, but then be able to use it as I wish for personal stuff?

Either way, I see it as a positive step.
It is a positive step. I would imagine that the personal use policy of the ipad will be the same as the blackberry. Now wouldn't it be nice if we could get rid of these outdated blackberries and get iphones. After all, NetJets has always been on the cutting edge of technology right?

Seriously, you want to carry that bulky iPhone around all day.

Plus the iPhone does not support the same push technology that the BB does. I am sure that would be a big factor for Netjets

Also no way to change the battery if it goes bad other than taking it into a service center, huge problem as you would be without your phone

Having the free worldwide BB messenger is something that the iphone is lacking and is great to have.

If you love the iPhone so much, have you seen the BB Torch? It is the best of both worlds

Last edited:
Seriously, you want to carry that bulky iPhone around all day.

Plus the iPhone does not support the same push technology that the BB does. I am sure that would be a big factor for Netjets

Also no way to change the battery if it goes bad other than taking it into a service center, huge problem as you would be without your phone

Having the free worldwide BB messenger is something that the iphone is lacking and is great to have.

If you love the iPhone so much, have you seen the BB Torch? It is the best of both worlds
Bulky iphone? I already cary around a bulky bb all day.

Don't care about the battery. That is I.T.'s problem. Not mine. I already have to send it in to them when the battery is done to get a new one anyway. Sooo...

BB messenger is not installed on NetJets BB's. So, don't care.

Fear not my friend. Passed through the Command Post this morning. I-pads will be on your lap sooner rather than later.

Been using mine for six months now. There is no downside. I predict MUCH sooner. Jepps, manuals, - it's all good!

Latest resources

Back