Fractionals and furloughed pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It went well, thanks for asking.

I did get the call within a week and offered the Baby Jet, which I gladly accepted with a big ole' grin on my face.
See ya'll there, thanks for all the good info and good wishes.

Hey Jeff!

just finished indoc and ac training in the Hawker, cool airplane! Now waiting for IOE but will enjoy the time at home until they need me next! have you started IOE yet? What's the timeframe after ac training?

tj

Fractionals and Furloughed Pilots

Had several furloughed United Airline Pilots at my interview. Infact, all but 3 or 4 of us were furloughed Airline, and there were 19 at the interview. I believe they all got hired, and I did not. So I would say that you have a pretty good shot at getting a position with one of the Fracs, especially the largest one. They seem to love the Retired and Furloughed Airline guys and gals. So if you need to stay current until United calls you back, send your stuff to NJA, they'll hire you. They don't care about the training cost! What company would hire retired airline pilots if they were looking for people to hang around?
To answer your question about the seniority number, I think you can get help from your United buddies on the resignation thing. The guys I interviewed with didn't seem to be worried, they were all going back when called.

Just called in today about this and yes you do need to resign your number to be a member of netjets. I had to with Comair and so goes the same with everyone else. They could care less if you came from some major airline as a layoff, as they know over 80% of these hires were pilots of who they knew or minority, so they do not give a crap. Netjets did not make me till I was there for one month, but believe me, they did not forget. For all you high and mighty daddies boys from the majors that are tying a free ride here, forget it. You come, plan on staying, plus it will beat your new job as a regional jet pilot by about 2,000 percent.

Rufus,
I'm not sure your info is entirely correct. Why so bitter sounding? Give ex airline guys a break.

rufus said:
For all you high and mighty daddies boys from the majors that are tying a free ride here, forget it. You come, plan on staying, plus it will beat your new job as a regional jet pilot by about 2,000 percent.

I doubt it will beat any job by even 2% if there are a lot of people with your attitude there.

Re: Fractionals and Furloughed Pilots

CE650SC said:
Had several furloughed United Airline Pilots at my interview. Infact, all but 3 or 4 of us were furloughed Airline, and there were 19 at the interview. I believe they all got hired, and I did not. So I would say that you have a pretty good shot at getting a position with one of the Fracs, especially the largest one. They seem to love the Retired and Furloughed Airline guys and gals. So if you need to stay current until United calls you back, send your stuff to NJA, they'll hire you. They don't care about the training cost! What company would hire retired airline pilots if they were looking for people to hang around?
To answer your question about the seniority number, I think you can get help from your United buddies on the resignation thing. The guys I interviewed with didn't seem to be worried, they were all going back when called.

CE,

You sound a little disgruntled! I'm sorry you didnt get hired. Try again in 6 months.

Peace,
gump

Actually I'm not disgruntled, sorry it came off that way. I was just trying to encourage w8n4ual. Things look pretty good for the furloughed guys at NJA, and if they can get a job I'm very happy for them. I hate to see anyone out of work.
I was just trying to compare my current status with his in answering his question. I am an employed corporate pilot who has never flown with the airlines and I did not get a job offer from NJA - all the furloughed guys did. I was just giving him the facts.
Sorry it came off negative, it wasn't my intention. Just trying to help.

Latest resources

Back