• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fractional questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A CS guy said they were doubling their pilot fleet by adding 125 next year. I said yeah we added 250 in the last 3 months. What's your point?
Nice. Did you actually say it like that? You got an inferiority complex or something?

Yeah, you guys are bigger...you've also been around over twenty years. What's YOUR point?

I've got a bunch of friends over at CS so it's contstant source of kidding. They love to point out that their company is doubling it's size this year. Just trying to put things in persepective.

Of course they have no idea when they are upgrading. 6 months is only if your a friend of the people in HPN.

Add 250 more to the poverty level

Diesel said:
Heck hawkered we've allready added 250 pilots in the last 3 months.

A CS guy said they were doubling their pilot fleet by adding 125 next year. I said yeah we added 250 in the last 3 months. What's your point?
Its a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** shame so many guys are dumb enough to take that job for below poverty level wages....

What are they thinking?????

OK, Diesel, my apologies...guess I've got a short fuse this early on a Saturday. And you're right about upgrades...I only know of one person who did it in six months. On the flip side, I don't know of many who haven't upgraded in a year. As long as we keep adding airplanes, I don't think that will change for the forseeable future.

If you are hired off the street as a captain or upgrade in the first year at either NJA or CS...After 3 yrs you will have made about 78K more at CS. After 5 yrs about $110K more at CS.

People are upgrading in the first yr at CS. IMO, If you come to NJA you are NOT likely to upgrade for 3 probably 5 yrs. So more than likely after 3 yrs you will make $110k more at CS... after 5 possibly $170+ K more at CS.

To make matters worse... as a junior man coming to NJA you will be on the 17 day schedule... instead of the CS 7/7 schedule. You will work about 25 more days a year for that lower pay.

That is how it stands right now current conditions. Economy and expansion at either company could change this...

Does this help you make your decision?

Last edited:
Diesel said:
To clear up a few things at NJA. Texas says that he knows people working 10 days plus? That would never happen at NJA. Unless you choose to but if you extend your just helping the company and hurting yourself. It's black and white. After a 7 day tour they have to get you home. Period.
Diesel:

I talked to CS pilots in ADS last month, said they have to work 11 day tour once a year. They also go to simuflite or flight safety training on the weeks they were sposed to be off. One guy had to work a 10 day tour between trainin and flyin his regular tour. That would make 3 tours where you work more than 7 days.

Worse yet they hadnt any control over those weeks, reckon they was told they had to do it and had no choice.

Dont sound like a good deal to me.

I will clarify already

Man, couple of you guys are sensitive PM'in me.

What the CS crew said was they fly a 11 day tour once a year. This is for the purpose of changing their schedule rotation so people dont always get chanuka or other holidays off.

Then, they have to go to aircraft recurrent on their off week and work before or after rec.

2 plus 1 = 3 tours of 10 or 11 days on. That is what they were sayin.

Anyhow, something isnt right cause that aint 7 and 7.

What is the real story here? Any CS crew can clear this up for us?

What you heard is essentially correct. Though I don't know if the fellows you talked to mentioned that the once-per-year 11-day tour is followed by 10 days off. We do conduct our three-day recurrent on our weeks off. So there's two more tours where you could potentially be gone for 10 days. Yes, training on off weeks is a sore spot with most of the pilots. Although I'd like to see it change, it really doesn't bother me much personally...our total days off per year still exceeds that of the other fractionals (except perhaps the top 50% of Netjets guys, who are 7/7 and train during their on weeks).

How many hours a year are CS pilots averaging?

HI, I'm a regional pilot also thinking about Cs! Are there any emails or a phone number of an importion person for Cs? I would like to do some politican. If one of you has a chance- pm me. Thanks

Latest resources

Back