Frac to JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdude

Can anyone that has gone from a Captain at a fractional to a new hire at JetBlue please post their times, education, aircraft flown, etc....

During the interview how was the whole "fractional" experience handled?

Any other advice would be very much appreciated. I've had an app in for nearly 2 years, update every couple weeks, and nothing yet. I realize recommendations (I have 3 so far) aren't really looked at until you're called to interview, but is there anything my buddys there can do to give me a hand.

Thanks for any advice.

crjdude

crjdude,

I'm not a frac guy but I bumped into some of the folks from pilot hiring the other day and they didn't seemed put out when I asked if they could look up a friend of mine to see where he was in the whole big picture. (they wouldn't tell me any of the info. I just wanted them to take a look at his app) If any of the guys that gave you a rec could send an email to pilot hiring, maybe that would help things out.

Hope that helps.

Stillflyn

Thanks for the info. I'll give my friends a call next week.

Any other frac guys had any luck at JFK?

Thanks.

I left Netjets for Jetblue last year and it has been a positive experience. I came from former Airlines before Netjets. From what I experienced in the interview it was more of a get to know you kind of thing. Very relaxing and positive. Frac. guys come over here all the time. I'm based in JFK and its very do-able. My avitar on the side shows my times and experience and my educatioin is an AA degree in aviation. Hope that helps. Keep updating your experience on line frequently.

I also left NetJets for JetBlue a little over a year ago.

I am happy with the decision-love flying/working at JetBlue.
If NJA had half the mgt team that JB has-might have never left.
Only drawback is commuting.
I dont think coming from a fractional was a hinderance at the interview-if anything it helped since it gave me a wide range of experiences/stories to draw from.(also prior military)
My times are to the left.
My education is BS and AAS.
I think the Frax guys are lumped in with the corporate pilot pool for the interviews. Since the majority of my time was military I came out of the military pool. Not sure if my times would have been competitive in the corporate pool. But I have seen more and more Frax guys getting called for interviews. I know of two from NJA that just got the call for the Aug interviews.

I know it doesnt help-but keep at it-if you want to come to JetBlue you will get the call.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Thanks for the replies so far. Very encouraging.

Anymore corporate/fractional guys hired at JetBlue care to share their experiences?

Thanks.

crjdude said:
Thanks for the replies so far. Very encouraging.

Anymore corporate/fractional guys hired at JetBlue care to share their experiences?

Thanks.

Well, it's been a very good experience. Although my time at a certain world's largest fractional was over 6 years ago, I certainly think my time over there was well-spent.

The fact that you're a pilot/dispatcher/customer service/inflight/concierge/caterer all wrapped up in one paycheck over there provided me with a wealth of stories of great (and not so great) customer service. And when you get to the JetBlue interview, they might come in handy.

It's been mentioned ad nauseum on these boards that JetBlue pilots help clean up the cabin after the customers leave. Look at it this way--you've been doing that job since day one at your fractional. I think JetBlue likes to hear how you've pitched in in "other" ways; "other" being not necessarily your exact job description. That's one of the traits I think JetBlue looks for in a prospective newhire.

Food for thought. Hope it helps.

SCR

Latest resources

Back