• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frac Security Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got checked a few times, then one of the tsa folks told me to show my id to the ticket counter to get the sssss off, did that and haven't had any problems. Also i can't believe the inconsitancies in the screeners. at cmh went through with belt on and phone in my pocket (forgot to take them off), desided to try the same thing at ict and set the detector off.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll have to wait and see how it works out. I'm hoping the ID at the counter trick works.

We (NJA pilots) used to get SSSS's all of the time right after 9/11. It generally stopped for me once I made sure our travel department had my frequent flyer numbers and applied them to my reservation prior to me showing up at the counter to get my ticket.

For the last year I have been getting the SSSS's every time I am booked on SWA, American, Alaska and Continental. I never get them on any other airline. I've made sure my frequent flyer numbers were applied to the reservation prior to getting my ticket at the counter or kiosk but it makes no difference. I'm told it's because my name closely resembles someone's name on the TSA No-Fly list but I only get hassled on those 4 airlines. Sometimes I am able to convince the counter agents to remove the restriction and reprint a new ticket, sometimes not. I never get the SSSS's with Delta, United, NWA, US Air, Airtran, etc.

Anyone have a similar problem and suggestion on how to keep my name from popping up on the No-Fly list with these airlines?

Don't take it personally

Who cares if you get the secondary search? It takes about two minutes. What, are you in a big hurry to get to the gate and sit or something? What is a uniform, anybody can get one from Sporty's. And these ID's we have can easily be made on a computer, some don't even have expiration dates on them. Its a joke. I think everybody should get the same treatment whether you are crew or not. I never wear my uniform and never have a problem getting thru security in a timely matter. Very seldomly do I get the ssss. When I do I just coast on thru and go with the flow. Its no big deal. If you don't like them digging thru your stuff just put your dirty underwear, skidmarks and all, right on top and let them have at it.

HS

HSDriver said:
If you don't like them digging thru your stuff just put your dirty underwear, skidmarks and all, right on top and let them have at it.

Oh Man!! You been looking in my laundry bag again?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back