• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fox news begins the cruxcifiction/inquisition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Listening to Kitty Higgins, I got the sense that she was quick to clarify any inaccuracies being put forth by the reporters during the conference. She commended the crew numerous times and really seemed in a sense to be defending the pilots from stupid reporter questions/insinuations.

I think the NTSB and FAA are gonna be VERY fair with these guys.

Isn't the ditch button kind of useless? I mean I don't think it's possible to put it down in water and not break something that will allow some water in. Hell, we got an example of a best case senerio of a water landing and it still opened up a little.

Why?

Heck, it takes me 2 minutes to find the thing when I'm on the ground getting ready to deice......
You must not have to deice very often. I can find it with my eyes closed by this time of the year!;)

What is the procedure for a dual engine failure, 3000' above the most densely populated area in the country?

Exactly!!

PIC...."you have the controls. Aim for that river".

SIC..."My controls".

PIC...do the QRC Ditching items (ie Ditch button...press). TEST items...."prepare for ditching in 30 seconds".

PIC...."ok, your doing a good job. Ditch button is done, FAs notified. Anything else I can do for you?".

SIC..."yeah, you can tell Matt Lauer to go f*** himself".

''''''*****

Ever notice when there is a house fire, that the Fire Captain stays outside of the house and barks orders.

PIC...."you have the controls. Aim for that river".

SIC..."My controls".

PIC...do the QRC Ditching items (ie Ditch button...press). TEST items...."prepare for ditching in 30 seconds".

PIC...."ok, your doing a good job. Ditch button is done, FAs notified. Anything else I can do for you?".

SIC..."yeah, you can tell Matt Lauer to go f*** himself".

''''''*****

Ever notice when there is a house fire, that the Fire Captain stays outside of the house and barks orders.

LMAO Pretty funny...

Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by najet
Heck, it takes me 2 minutes to find the thing when I'm on the ground getting ready to deice......

You must not have to deice very often. I can find it with my eyes closed by this time of the year!;)

Perhaps it was because the F/O had 35 hours in type and it's on page 3 of the checklist?

Just a thought.

-fate

At this point who cares if it was pushed or not. Everybody is alive. Right! Media scumbags.

Actually they are in the house with the attack crew, usually 3rd on the hose telling them where to go/what to spray and communicating with the Chief...who is outside barking orders.

Fox news is now reporting that the "Easy" button was not functioning properly. Seriously, I can't imagine a better outcome for such a perilous situation. Kudos!

Latest resources

Back