• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fox news begins the cruxcifiction/inquisition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The belly of the fueselage ripped open anyhoo...

I might have even heard that the cargo doors popped open too. Not positive though.

Rhetorical

What is the procedure for a dual engine failure, 3000' above the most densely populated area in the country?

wait! there really is a "ditching" button in an airbus?

Yes there is. It probably isn't nearly as critical as people think. I closes a few small valves below the waterline. If the belly of the airplane rips open, it will not even matter if you push it or not.

The airplane will sink no matter what you do. The ditching push button might just make it sink slower. Everyone got out alive so either way, in this case extra time was not needed.

Heck, it takes me 2 minutes to find the thing when I'm on the ground getting ready to deice......

What is the procedure for a dual engine failure, 3000' above the most densely populated area in the country?

Exactly!!

Why does that make them "dirt bags" if in fact the button was not pushed in disregard of procedures?
They did no such thing (disregarding procedures, as you put it). They just never made it that far in the checklist... So, would you have them push the button out of sequence (without regard to procedures)? What is proper in the case that you don't have time (or in this case speed/altitude) to run the full checklist. Seems to me that he made the right choice...

Besides, they were "dirt bags" long before this event ever happened, and will be "dirt bags" long after it is forgotten... (All of them, Fox, CNN, NBC, etc...)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back