• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fox news article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Decent article but alittle skewed to the negative for sensationalism unless they were interviewing a Great Laker, which I doubt since he/she spoke about 50 jets. We make less than FAs only in the 1st year.

Somebody out west, as they know about LAX trailers. Or a pilot that actually reads.

I don't know. This article look fishy to me. The questions are not typical, and the picture, those aren't the hands of a kid who looks barely old enough to drive...

Just saying...

I don't know. This article look fishy to me. The questions are not typical, and the picture, those aren't the hands of a kid who looks barely old enough to drive...

Just saying...

It's a stock photo...

Decent article but alittle skewed to the negative for sensationalism unless they were interviewing a Great Laker, which I doubt since he/she spoke about 50 jets. We make less than FAs only in the 1st year.
I'm a 4th year FO at a commuter airline and I'm pretty sure most major airline FA's out-earn me.

I'm a 4th year FO at a commuter airline and I'm pretty sure most major airline FA's out-earn me.

I was referring to regional FAs but you have somewhat of a point when you factor in major airline FAs since most legacies have very senior FAs topped out on the pay scale.

Delta Flight Attendant Pay Scale

Start $20.67
After 1 year $21.49
After 2 years $22.96
After 3 years $24.84
After 4 years $27.37
After 5 years $29.43
After 6 years $34.65
After 7 years $35.77
After 8 years $36.76
After 9 years $38.12
After 10 years $39.18
After 11 years $41.04
After 12 years $45.75 (Top Pay)
Purser "A"- add $5.40
Purser "B"- add $2.70
Domestic Lead- add $2.70
International Pay- add $1.25
International Per Diem- $2.40/hr
Domestic Per Diem- $1.85/hr

Absolutely true. I made more as an F/A than I make as a regional captain and did it working half as many days a month.

I was referring to regional FAs but you have somewhat of a point when you factor in major airline FAs since most legacies have very senior FAs topped out on the pay scale.

Delta Flight Attendant Pay Scale

Start $20.67
After 1 year $21.49
After 2 years $22.96
After 3 years $24.84
After 4 years $27.37
After 5 years $29.43
After 6 years $34.65
After 7 years $35.77
After 8 years $36.76
After 9 years $38.12
After 10 years $39.18
After 11 years $41.04
After 12 years $45.75 (Top Pay)
Purser "A"- add $5.40
Purser "B"- add $2.70
Domestic Lead- add $2.70
International Pay- add $1.25
International Per Diem- $2.40/hr
Domestic Per Diem- $1.85/hr

Wow, that actually made me feel good. Turns out only a 12+ year mainline FA outearns me and and even then not by much. Kinda refreshing.

Absolutely true. I made more as an F/A than I make as a regional captain and did it working half as many days a month.

Where were you an F/A?

Latest resources

Back