• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
'bout time for pilotyip to chime in...

C

another good one.

Thomas Edison State College in New Jersey has an Avaition tech aa and bs. They are fully accredited by the same regional accrediting body that yale and mit are a part of, so credits are fully transferrable if you desire. They give you about 30 credits for all of your ratings including cfi's and atp. They are good about taking transfer credits, clep exams etc. They cost less than Embry Riddle. You can do they full thing online or through the mail. web site www.tesc.edu

There is a good book that covers distance learning stuff. distance degrees. You can get it at the authors site www.collegeathome.com. It gives good info about prices, degrees offered, locations, and explains the difference between different accredidations. -kingaira90

Thomas Edison State College in New Jersey has an Avaition tech aa and bs. They are fully accredited by the same regional accrediting body that yale and mit are a part of, so credits are fully transferrable if you desire. They give you about 30 credits for all of your ratings including cfi's and atp. They are good about taking transfer credits, clep exams etc. They cost less than Embry Riddle. You can do they full thing online or through the mail. web site www.tesc.edu

There is a good book that covers distance learning stuff. distance degrees. You can get it at the authors site www.collegeathome.com. It gives good info about prices, degrees offered, locations, and explains the difference between different accredidations. -kingaira90

I just received my degree today (woohoo)!!

Next stop, Masters.

CE

PM me if you want more info on TESC.

Well if you really want your dreamshot, get a four year degree in mathmatics or physics. Then you can apply for the NASA program. No joke, I missed the deadline by six months due to age. Great program. Not everyone get's that on a resume'

Actually unless you major in a specific field like nursing or engineering a degree is a degree. Four year aviation degree or business degree will net you the same return. Just because you have a degree in Business Management doesn't mean you'll walk into management. In business you start at the bottom unless you know some one.

You can teach middle and high school with any 4 year degree. At most places the degree is a box that you can check. You can even go to law school with a four year aviation degree, just make sure you do well on the LSAT.

If you really want to move up in the corporate world work on your golf and tennis game, and schoomz you butt off.

Actually unless you major in a specific field like nursing or engineering a degree is a degree. Four year aviation degree or business degree will net you the same return. Just because you have a degree in Business Management doesn't mean you'll walk into management. In business you start at the bottom unless you know some one.

You can teach middle and high school with any 4 year degree. At most places the degree is a box that you can check. You can even go to law school with a four year aviation degree, just make sure you do well on the LSAT.

If you really want to move up in the corporate world work on your golf and tennis game, and schoomz you butt off.

My brother who works in IT management at a big big bank, gave me the same advice. He said most of the people he works with have a degree that has nothing to do with management or even IT. They could check the box. He told me just get a degree, the major doesn't matter, be able to check the box and that is plenty of backup.-kingaira90

I was in the same boat. I am finnishing up a Indiana University of continuing studies @ Bloomington. It is a B.G.S. and you can work on your degree online or print based. It is a real college! good luck!

In business you start at the bottom unless you know some one.

There are many fields where you can start at the top with the proper skills.
Aviation is not one of them.

CE

Latest resources

Back