• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Four year degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone have any info on online schools that have a B.S. in avaition. I have a 2 year dgree but want to work on my 4 year. I need to do it online. Also, who gives the best credits for previous degree/experience. I have talked to Everglades Univ in Florida but not sure if they are FULLY accredited. Thank you. Sorry for the repeat on this site but was not sure where to put this.

I'd recommend studying something other than aviation, because, except for the Aviation Management degree, a degree in aviation is practically worthless outside of aviation.

Ther are MANY online courses available for other fields, that will take you farther, in case the aviation thing dosen't work out.

Unless, of course, you subscribe to pilotYIP's theory; then you're wasting your time getting a stupid degree. He's got buddies that flew B-29's in WWII or something like that, and THEY didn't need no stinkin degree.

Course, good luck getting getting any kind of job at the major level.

Oops, I see my high horse coming. Nevermind.

SIU is ok.

Riddle has their Professional Aeronautics degree which is completely online. They will give you 36 credit hours for having your commercial multi. Already having your two year degree means you would only need about 24 hours through them. You could knock that out in nine months as their semesters are only three months long. Also, online classes run about $190/credit hour.....peanuts compared to the full-time on campus tuition.

http://www.erau.edu/ec/academicorgs/eccoce/proaero_req.html

After that degree, get into a state online MBA program and your options become endless.

After that degree, get into a state online MBA program and your options become endless.

Where are you going to earn the money to get the MBA for all those endless oportunities? In aviation?? I got news for you. You are heading towards a brick wall!!....by the time you earn that money (if you ever earn it) you will not be thinking about getting a degree. You will probably have a lot in your plate.

Everglades University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT), 2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302, Arlington, Virginia, 22201. (703) 247-4212. Website information at www.accsct.org
Everglades University is licensed by means of accreditation by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education. Additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the commission at 2650 Apalachee Parkway, Suite A, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301, toll-free telephone number (888) 224-6684, local telephone number (850) 245-3200, local facsimile number (850) 245-3233.

Scube.

Where are you going to earn the money to get the MBA for all those endless oportunities? In aviation?? I got news for you. You are heading towards a brick wall!!....by the time you earn that money (if you ever earn it) you will not be thinking about getting a degree. You will probably have a lot in your plate.

FSU's online MBA program runs around $8500 plus books. A couple of student loans will certainly take care of that. You don't have to have money to go to college.

School Sucks!!

I'd recommend studying something other than aviation, because, except for the Aviation Management degree, a degree in aviation is practically worthless outside of aviation.

Ther are MANY online courses available for other fields, that will take you farther, in case the aviation thing dosen't work out.

Unless, of course, you subscribe to pilotYIP's theory; then you're wasting your time getting a stupid degree. He's got buddies that flew B-29's in WWII or something like that, and THEY didn't need no stinkin degree.

Course, good luck getting getting any kind of job at the major level.

Oops, I see my high horse coming. Nevermind.

SIU is ok.

I totally agree with gringo in that a four-year AVIATION degree is worthless. If you're going to spend the money use it on something other than aviation. Everything you need to know about aviation you're going to learn on your way up to your ATP. Get a degree in something Business related, so when you lose your medical cuz you can't afford anything other than fast food because of your Regional salary you can look into something else like starting your own business or the like. I just can't believe that people spend 100k+ to attend Riddle Univ. to get a worthless degree in aviation to get a 20K/ yr job. Oh well, to each his own.

I would actually recommend you guys not to get a four degree so that I have less competition at the majors; SO DON'T GO TO COLLEGE, IT'S A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back