• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Four year degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buy some golf clubs, become a PGA pro. Then you can afford your own jet.

Alot cheaper than college!

There are many fields where you can start at the top with the proper skills.
Aviation is not one of them.

CE

Been watching too many DeVry Junior College ads? ;) You have to really specialize to start at the top?

You still with the feeders?

US Dept of Education

I was researching the same question not long ago. If you go to this link,

www.ed.gov

you can search for accreditation information. One easy way to figure out if its accredited or not is to find out if the school utilizes FASFA for financial aid. If they want to you use a "Sallie Mae Loan," then its probably not accredited by the HLC (higher learning commision) standard. I guess that this only really matters if you want to go on to grad school someday. If not, then you can basically just buy a degree from a college with a "state" accreditation.

Been watching too many DeVry Junior College ads? ;) You have to really specialize to start at the top?

Yes, yes, and yes.

My mom always told me I was 'special'.
I thought.....:bawling:

If not, then you can basically just buy a degree from a college with a "state" accreditation.

Not necessarily, always insist on a regional accreditation.

CE

Yes, I'm still in the feeder too, just got back today from MIA. What's up........
We might do a SJU standby this peak before going to the ATR.

How about getting a degree in cosmetology?

Perhaps you should attend a job fair. That way you can get the opinion of the folks actually doing the hiring. There are mixed reviews on the job fair thing, but at least you can get the info directly from employers.

Getting the opinion of FI.com members is a good way to start, but I dont think most of us have the hiring guidlines of most majors.

If most majors are like the military, they have a list of "approved" educational institutions. I would feel really pissed off if I found out that I did not get hired b/c my university was not on their list.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I strongly recommend that you investigate Thomas A. Edison State College, Trenton, NJ (www. TESC.edu). I have a BS from these guys (in the 1970s). They have been in the distance education and experiential education business for more than 25 years and know what they are doing.

Bob

does anyone have any info on utah valley?
They fly Katana's out of Provo UT (class D). They also have a global aviation degree for the bachelor's degree if you want to fly where you're at. A former copilot of mine got his bachelor's through them, working off his notebook computer in a hotel room on layovers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back