Four more air controllers suspected of sleeping on the job, government says

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's chess, not checkers.

You guys can vote republican and cash your union check- but stop the ********************ing complaining about the consequences of that.
We haven't had movement bc we ******************** ourselves politically-

"Sleeping during breaks has been attacked by some lawmakers, including Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., the influential chairman of the House Transportation Committee."

Nice way of taking a thread and turning it in to your own political agenda.
So, seeing the democrats have done to our country with debt, unemployment, foreign affairs, and now the attack on our currency, I'll vote as an AMERICAN first, then a union worker. Your arrogance has turned in to extreme foolishness.

Is it just me or all of you pilots morons!

Controller fatigue? What about pilot fatigue?!

15 years of fighting for Flight/Duty regs, a Congressional mandate to address it by July 2011 after 49 people die, the maximum amount of feet dragging Babbit can muster, and still no change.

But the controllers are getting the issue resolved in weeks verse the pilots taking decades without any progress!

Were is the outrage? Were is the concern? What are the thoughts!?

The Controllers don't have lobbyists going after any rule changes with $$$$$. It will cost airlines millions of $$$$$$$ if the rules change, whereas the controllers will just have to hire a few more, and it will cost the government more money, not the airlines. That is the problem. But, the constant news stories about sleeping ATC means it will be tougher to justify NOT changing the rules for sleeping pilots too. Anyone caught sleeping on the job will help bring along rule changes.

OYS

So, seeing the democrats have done to our country with debt, unemployment, foreign affairs, and now the attack on our currency, I'll vote as an AMERICAN first, then a union worker. Your arrogance has turned in to extreme foolishness.

Agreed.

Well, sorry you don't like my two cents- but I'll keep up saying it-

And voting republican is about the least patriotic thing any person could do - IMO.

But back to what I actually said- republicans are anti-labor are they not. They absolutely don't support us- so my only point is and has been that if you feel our concerns as airline pilots in a safety function are valid- but still feel compelled to vote republican- could you maybe get more active and convince republican politicians to support us in our unique case--
But I stand by my chess, not checkers comment- I don't believe in political coincidences

Well, sorry you don't like my two cents- but I'll keep up saying it-

And voting republican is about the least patriotic thing any person could do - IMO.

But back to what I actually said- republicans are anti-labor are they not. They absolutely don't support us- so my only point is and has been that if you feel our concerns as airline pilots in a safety function are valid- but still feel compelled to vote republican- could you maybe get more active and convince republican politicians to support us in our unique case--
But I stand by my chess, not checkers comment- I don't believe in political coincidences

Ahhhh, the voice of reason. Cause the dems are so pro-labor. Let it go. They both suck. Dems just suck more.

And IMO repubs "suck" more- yes - dems are much more pro labor- that's not even debatable if you deal in facts. They just don't feel te need to help pilots bc the vast majority of us our outspoken opponents of dems.

Don't want this to devolve into partisan ignorance "MY TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOURS""YOUR TEAMS SUCKS MORE THAN MINE!!"

We're all pilots and all Americans- just don't convince yourself that this isn't political- does anyone think that controllers just all of a sudden started having fatigue issues??

Latest resources

Back