Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FOs flying to near the max -- how does the pay work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, I didn't mean to kill the thread. I guess Per Diem is better than expensing. At least with per diem you have the option of coming out ahead. I know I do big time.

first full calender year working out of DTW flying a crj, I made including per diem about 28K. I was only on reserve for 3 months and i would fly around 90 plus with a credit of 100 Thats flying around 950 hours. Yeah its mot much but it beats the dreaded 19K. hope that helps

Can't you people afford to eat real food at a real restaurant while on the road? All I hear on this board is regional pilots eating snack bars and food they stuffed in their pockets from a free continental breakfast bar. Pathetic

RJDC said:
Can't you people afford to eat real food at a real restaurant while on the road? All I hear on this board is regional pilots eating snack bars and food they stuffed in their pockets from a free continental breakfast bar. Pathetic

Yes RJDC, I can easily afford to eat out every meal. I can also easily afford a new Corvette and I can also easily afford a new 52 inch Plasma. Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you have to buy it. Whats your point? If taking advantage of the free hotel breakfast and not going all out for dinner and keeping it under $10 is being a cheap a$$ then so be it. I have much better uses for my $$ than to waste a bunch of money on food while on the road. What do they say about a fool and his/her money?

RJDC, we will call you Aaron Burr for the way your Droppin Hamiltons
I'm off for a snack attack motha f&$%@er

Last edited:
What kind of restaurant can you get dinner for $6-10 bucks. I was in ME last night and bought a lobster dinner for $25.00 bucks. Then again, I make more money than you and fly a lot less hours for it.

Captainzero1 said:
What kind of restaurant can you get dinner for $6-10 bucks. I was in ME last night and bought a lobster dinner for $25.00 bucks. Then again, I make more money than you and fly a lot less hours for it.

LOL. Like I said, a fool and his / her $$$$.

P.S. How much do you make flying around your little slowtation?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back