FO's complaining about Captains...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skydiverdriver said:
Of course, there is nothing wrong with a captain correcting an fo, or an fo giving suggestions to the captain. But, when the captain treats ALL fo's like the ones who need some "help," you are creating more problems than you are solving. Thanks for listening.

:D Of course you realize it's my name on the release...and my tickets on the line.

If my FO's operate the airplane like they are suppossed to, and let me know what they are planning, they generally don't hear from me.

Hey Capt., you want to do the before start checklist?

"AHHHH.....is it clear on #2"?

You got to love those.

Cleared for the visual at MDT...
"no no no...Harrisburg's over there...to the left of the river"

Country Wild said:
Ain't nothing like a 600 hour wonder to tell what to do and how to do it.

Ain't nothing like a 22,000 hour smart-a$$ who won't listen to anyone else in the crew to get a bunch of people killed. You know, you just might miss something important eventually that the 600 hour wonder will pick up on and save your sorry, ungrateful a$$.

hey pcl_128,
i'm an f/o, and i tell you what: i would not want to be on the same flight deck as you. you're probably the most dangerous person on the forum today--a 1000 hr. airline pilot.

Stratocoaster - Doesn't this thread already have enough bait?

The worst is flying with a captain that can't let things be. Here's one for ya.

Cruising at 17000 PD to 5000, and 70 miles from the field(we fly a slow plane). I started the descent at 1000 fpm. The captain wanted the descent at 800 fpm. That's when I should have given him the plane for the rest of the trip!

In 2.5 years of flying as a regional FO, I experienced only a couple pain-in-the a** captains. ALMOST ALL of the other pilots I flew with were real easy-going. The P-I-T-A ones made sure you knew who was in charge.

Me: Chime the F/A?
CA: Not yet.
5 sec later, still in smooth air:
CA: Go ahead now.

At 14,000' just in the tops, getting beat up like crazy.
Me: Say... would 16,000 be okay?
CA: This is fine.
2 min later:
CA: Ask for 16,000. I don't like it here.

In other words, its a great idea if its my idea.

Thank goodness there's only a few of these.

BTW: Someone a few posts up seemed awful defensive...
What makes you think he was talking about you?

As an FO you know you're doing the job right when the CA looks bored on your leg - right up to clearing the runway. The opposite would be if they develop an odd facial tic.

100LL... Again! said:
As an FO you know you're doing the job right when the CA looks bored on your leg - right up to clearing the runway. The opposite would be if they develop an odd facial tic.

Excellent Point!

Latest resources

Back