• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fortune 100 Best Places to Work- CAL couldn't buy the award in 2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it is true our management is tough, All you have to do is ask your management.

At least our management stands up for itself. Unlike you guys that just roll over, um, I mean bend over.. LOL hehe

I'm still wondering when SWA is going to learn how to fly? LNAV, VNAV, Auto Throttles, Auto Brakes, thrust reversers, ACARS, are standard equipment. What pawn shop did SWA sell those boxes too? Might be nice if you started operating as a Boeing was designed to be flown.

And CAL, it might be nice if your pilots grew some and started demanding what a legacy carrier pilot deserves verse the third world standards, CAL has been operating under since 1983. When MESA ALPA called and asked to photocopy the CAL ALPA contract, how flattered was CAL ALPA's MEC? Did CAL ALPA put out a press release stating they were in a new union parntership accord with MESA a fellow JD Power and Associates Award winning airline?

You know, TWA won a JD Power and Associates award and had quite the contract in 2001 as well?

Last edited:
Remember the best Pocono Pilot quote of all time:

"CAL could be the most secure major out there. Also, there is a good chance that CAL will be the highest paid eventually with a new contract.

I hope to be there soon. "

CAL is a best place to work. LOL

Maybe if you don't want any health insurance or respect or a life. LOL

I heard that anyone who went to CAL from Express really regrets the decision. I'm really glad that I decided to stay where I'm at. Plus, I heard that tons of people left CAL after a few months because it was so bad.

I guess Larry needed more turtle wax for his forehead, so he decided not to pay for the awards this year. LOL

As a CAL employee I can tell you that it pretty much does suck around here most of the time. In your case, if you decided to stay at a regional, good luck with that. Enjoy the big fish in a small pond situation while you can, chances are your company doesn't own the planes you fly and your company has no control over your route structure. I have met plenty of disenchanted express jet pilots who are still glad they made the move rather than stay on the regional side. I am not a spokesman for CAL (hell no!) but we haven't lost "tons" of people to other airlines so far as I am aware.

I am 4th year pay this year and should crack 100K which most regional captains don't do in many years if ever. I refuse to comment on our work rules for the simple reason that they essentially don't exist...

We are in contract negotiations, things will get better here. Now how much better is the question....

I'm still wondering when SWA is going to learn how to fly? LNAV, VNAV, Auto Throttles, Auto Brakes, thrust reversers, ACARS, are standard equipment. What pawn shop did SWA sell those boxes too? Might be nice if you started operating as a Boeing was designed to be flown.

Why do you care? Why such hatred towards SWA.
Take your meds and let it go.

Anyone care to elaborate on the SWA operating issues in regards to automation? Sounds interesting.

And CAL, it might be nice if your pilots grew some and started demanding what a legacy carrier pilot deserves verse the third world standards, CAL has been operating under since 1983. When MESA ALPA called and asked to photocopy the CAL ALPA contract, how flattered was CAL ALPA's MEC? Did CAL ALPA put out a press release stating they were in a new union parntership accord with MESA a fellow JD Power and Associates Award winning airline?

You know, TWA won a JD Power and Associates award and had quite the contract in 2001 as well?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Is pocono pilot for real? Any pilot out there knows that a $hitty major is better than a good regional. Looks like she got rejected by CAL and decided to bash it. at least if you were in CAL you know where you and your company would be 10 years from now. being at Distress Jet... not so much

Latest resources

Back