• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fortune 100 Best Places to Work- CAL couldn't buy the award in 2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAL Sucks... I am out here as soon as SWA, FedEx, UPS or Delta start hiring...
Feb is a vacation month... Lucky me, I get to do 5 crossing instead of 6...
Next month, I get to do training on my days off and just wait until summertime...

CAL is a best place to work. LOL

Maybe if you don't want any health insurance or respect or a life. LOL

I heard that anyone who went to CAL from Express really regrets the decision. I'm really glad that I decided to stay where I'm at. Plus, I heard that tons of people left CAL after a few months because it was so bad.

I guess Larry needed more turtle wax for his forehead, so he decided not to pay for the awards this year. LOL

CAL is a best place to work. LOL

Maybe if you don't want any health insurance or respect or a life. LOL

I heard that anyone who went to CAL from Express really regrets the decision. I'm really glad that I decided to stay where I'm at. Plus, I heard that tons of people left CAL after a few months because it was so bad.

I guess Larry needed more turtle wax for his forehead, so he decided not to pay for the awards this year. LOL/QUOTE]

Girl, If you really are one, You are delusional.

Next month, I get to do training on my days off and just wait until summertime...

That might take a while! Please let us know when you leave I am curious which airline will hire you first. I envy your guts to chase that nice green grass. I on the other hand, would rather just work on my lawn.

The problem with CAL is the employee group has voted in the worse contract in CAL history. (with the exception of scope sorry Pocohole) Everything else at this airline is looking good. but if you are not happy here, then please go. I am sure no one will stop you and unfortunately, you will not be the first to leave. However, I do think you will be one of the last.

I just can't imagine being at the bottom of any one of those airline's seniority list, especially Delta, 12,000 plus pilots! no thanks.

CAL and SWA pilots need to keep saying the slogans they are told and believing they work for the best airlines in the industry.

And keep up the good attitude when you are suffering from fatigue after your five crossings on your light schedule getting paid for four because of your sick call. And after you get your min rest after a double divert home. And brag about your $5000 per month gross check with $2500 of take home pay after you have funded your retirement, paid hundreds of dollars for the health insurance you just got, paid back the loan you took out to survive the first year a few years ago, made your student loan payment and flight training credit card 19% interest payments, paid for your new uniforms, luggage, and recent medical. And then get to live in those wonderful bases or suffer a commute to work the next time into a snow storm or thunderstorm area without a commuter policy and supervisory pilot ready to dock your pay. Oh, and don't call in sick or your busted!

But hey, you got a slogan and you can tell everyone your company has bought a few JD Power Associate Awards. What a feather in your cap.

And then there is the corndog 737 lifer who thinks an international overnight is anywhere out of Texas. What time is it in Texas when your in Paris? Who thinks autopilots are for wimps, everyone is a Kentucky Fried Chicken Colonel. Who thinks pilots should fly till their 70's now and plan to push for the next change and currently like flying with over 60 pilots. Who think six legs or more a day is a walk in the park. And doesn't care if its company inspects its aircraft by FAA standards or not. And needs a new flight manual issued every six months to keep the good-o-boys 30 years of stunt flying a little safer after a few recent high profile Evil Kinevals off the ends of a few runways in Burbank and Midway. But hey, Colleen sends you a birthday card and you get to wear those cool fighter pilot jackets and look like you just got off your 25 missions over Germany.

So enjoy your slogans and keep bringing the industry career standards down to new lows to undercut the competition. And buy a few more sparklers and tinsel to go with your corndogs and maybe someday you will all learn how to use the automation Boeing delievered the airplane with after your company puts the boxes back in the aircraft if they can find the pawn shop they sold them to.

Last edited:
CAL and SWA pilots need to keep saying the slogans they are told and believing they work for the best airlines in the industry.

And keep up the good attitude when you are suffering from fatigue after your five crossings on your light schedule getting paid for four because of your sick call. And after you get your min rest after a double divert home. And brag about your $5000 per month gross check with $2500 of take home pay after you have funded your retirement, paid hundreds of dollars for the health insurance you just got, paid back the loan you took out to survive the first year a few years ago, made your student loan payment and flight training credit card 19% interest payments, paid for your new uniforms, luggage, and recent medical. And then get to live in those wonderful bases or suffer a commute to work the next time into a snow storm or thunderstorm area without a commuter policy and supervisory pilot ready to dock your pay. Oh, and don't call in sick or your busted!

But hey, you got a slogan and you can tell everyone your company has bought a few JD Power Associate Awards. What a feather in your cap.

And then there is the corndog 737 lifer who thinks an international overnight is anywhere out of Texas. What time is it in Texas when your in Paris? Who thinks autopilots are for wimps, everyone is a Kentucky Fried Chicken Colonel. Who thinks pilots should fly till their 70's now and plan to push for the next change and currently like flying with over 60 pilots. Who think six legs or more a day is a walk in the park. And doesn't care if its company inspects its aircraft by FAA standards or not. And needs a new flight manual issued every six months to keep the good-o-boys 30 years of stunt flying a little safer after a few recent high profile Evil Kinevals off the ends of a few runways in Burbank and Midway. But hey, Colleen sends you a birthday card and you get to wear those cool fighter pilot jackets and look like you just got off your 25 missions over Germany.

So enjoy your slogans and keep bringing the industry career standards down to new lows to undercut the competition. And buy a few more sparklers and tinsel to go with your corndogs and maybe someday you will all learn how to use the automation Boeing delievered the airplane with after your company puts the boxes back in the aircraft if they can find the pawn shop they sold them to.

forget your meds today?

Might I suggest a possible carreer move to rapster music or hip hop...!!?! :puke:

I'll second that, CAL is a joke.

Latest resources

Back