• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former USAirways CEO Siegel Named XOJet CEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust me, there was a collective groan and several WTFs when this was announced. Siegel has been on our Board of TDirectors for several months now, and so far there have been no changes for the worse.

Our Director of Operations came in with less than favorable reviews from his previous airline, and he has been GREAT for our pilot group. So, while we can't forget what has happened in the past, we have to give our new CEO the benefit of the doubt.

Wish us luck.

Yep, I have to agree with T-Bone. We're all more than a little concerned. However, we have to give the guy a chance. He's smart, and hopefully he will realize this is not an airline. The rules from his past do not apply.

We have been told that our Executive Chairman will continue to set the tone and determine our company culture. Paul is incredibly pilot/employee friendly, and he truly believes that motivated employees are what makes a company successful. That will not change, and I believe Paul will not sit by and watch anyone destroy what he has built.

Siegel has my support until he proves unworthy of it. If he tries to rouen our exceptional company culture he will destroy the essence of who we are and what makes us successful. Allowing that to happen is not in anyones best interest, and I am sure Mr Siegel has been clearly made aware of that.

Thanks to all for the kind words of support. These are interesting times...

Nice, Now you are sure to never make money.

Waco

Maybe you guys will get to fly RJs! Siegel made sure that there were more RJs than Mainline planes in U colors.

...We have been told that our Executive Chairman will continue to set the tone and determine our company culture. Paul is incredibly pilot/employee friendly, and he truly believes that motivated employees are what makes a company successful. That will not change, and I believe Paul will not sit by and watch anyone destroy what he has built...

S.Michael Sheeringa still sits on the board of Flight Options too, it doesn't really mean crap. In fact it could just be a face saving maneuver the board let him have when they yanked his butt out of the CEO seat. Best of luck to you XO pilots, you'll probably need it. When you do, call 866-505-1108.

Maybe you guys will get to fly RJs! Siegel made sure that there were more RJs than Mainline planes in U colors.

They would be lucky-the Global XRS and 5000 are derivatives of the CRJ (same tube, different wing).

He had a little help from the AAA MEC.

Yes, he still sucks....

Trust me, there was a collective groan and several WTFs when this was announced. Siegel has been on our Board of Directors for several months now, and so far there have been no changes for the worse.

Our Director of Operations came in with less than favorable reviews from his previous airline, and he has been GREAT for our pilot group. So, while we can't forget what has happened in the past, we have to give our new CEO the benefit of the doubt.

Wish us luck.

I understand the groan. You should all pay attention. When TPG made their investment a certain path was set for XO Jet. These guys are serious investors who pony up when they see potential. Dave Seigel is now their point man on this deal. Having said that, when TPG invests significant bucks it is unlikely they failed to grasp the source of value, in this case it is the travel experience as provided by the pilots. I suspect DS views pilots at XOJ differently than those at USAirways. OX Jet pilots are the face of the business to their customers. I suggest you cultivate that reality. At the airline, pilots have surrendered the role to agents, flight attendants and ticket agents, which has diminished their position in the value proposition. Not so at the fractionals, charter or part 91 operations.

Keep doing you jobs. Offer the customer value and good reason to continue the relationship. Partner with Seigel and TPG. I suspect a muturally beneficial partnership is available.

From a guy who knows both parties...

caseyd

I understand the groan. You should all pay attention. When TPG made their investment a certain path was set for XO Jet. These guys are serious investors who pony up when they see potential. Dave Seigel is now their point man on this deal. Having said that, when TPG invests significant bucks it is unlikely they failed to grasp the source of value, in this case it is the travel experience as provided by the pilots. I suspect DS views pilots at XOJ differently than those at USAirways. OX Jet pilots are the face of the business to their customers. I suggest you cultivate that reality. At the airline, pilots have surrendered the role to agents, flight attendants and ticket agents, which has diminished their position in the value proposition. Not so at the fractionals, charter or part 91 operations.

Keep doing you jobs. Offer the customer value and good reason to continue the relationship. Partner with Seigel and TPG. I suspect a muturally beneficial partnership is available.

From a guy who knows both parties...

caseyd

Great post. It is insightful, and I believe 100 percent accurate.

That is unusual around here.

Latest resources

Back