Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sstearns2

December 23, 2001
PSA AIRLINES/USAIRWAYS EXPRESS (Part 135 Pilots)
3400 Terminal Drive, Vandalia, OH 45377
Tel: no calls
Fax: (937) 264-3910
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: http://www.psaairlines.com
Since 1979 PSA Airlines has grown from a small airline with a handful of people to a sizable operation with 25 Dornier 328 Aircraft and over 1,000 employees with baeses in Akron, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Dayton, OH, Kalamazoo, MI, Knoxville, TN, Pittsburgh, PA and Williamsport, PA. PSA Airlines is adding seven additional DO-328's to the fleet. We are looking for former PSA Pilots who are on furlough from the majors. Classes are now forming for January. When applying, ref: climbto350.com

I don't know if this has been discussed on the board, but seeing someone cut and paste this made me think of it. I was thinking about the level of financial support we gave to the Comair brothers when they were on strike both with assessments and writing checks to the food bank fund. But now with the majors furloughing has Comairs MEC or any of the other regional ALPA MECs encouraged their companys to hire or interview major airline pilots if they desired to work as FOs (and resigning the seniority number is a whole different discussion) I see PSA as just taking advantage of the opportunity to grab previously typed people and pay them entry level pay for their expertise. And I am sure many of them are happy to have the work.

Happy Holiday Season to All

Humble

Wow. For only being a few hours old, whoever posted this dosen't know jack about PSA.

We no longer have AZO and Williamsport as bases. We did at one point, but not anymore.

What's up with the 135 pilot thing also?

So do you think PSA should bring back pilots as captains or with their old seniority numbers? That wouldn't be too popular with the pilot group there.

I don't think that would go over very well, so the answer is No.
However, you are flying, waiting to be recalled and putting food on the table.
Just my 2 cents

"So do you think PSA should bring back pilots as captains or with their old seniority numbers? That wouldn't be too popular with the pilot group there."

Hmmmm street captains perhaps but with a seniority number at the bottom. And it doesn't help me either way. I am wondering if they are going to ask the former PSA pilots to resign their seniority from the major carrier as well.

Humble

PDT and ALG are not requiring their former pilots to resign their mainline seniority. I guess they feel the chances of being recalled back to mainline in the near future is very slim. Hope PSA does the same thing for those wanting to return.

pappy

"PDT and ALG are not requiring their former pilots to resign their mainline seniority. I guess they feel the chances of being recalled back to mainline in the near future is very slim. Hope PSA does the same thing for those wanting to return.
"

How about those furloughed from a major that weren't former PDT and ALG and just want to fly and work as FO's

Humble

Latest resources

Back