• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Pilots-Union Chief Duane Woerth Has Inside Track to Lead FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OO pilots score another free ride..... you guys are the best 'jumpseaters' out there....!!
During the last union drive I took the opportunity to speak to an ALPA representative assisting with the drive. How incredibly disappointing that the union would send someone with the intellect of an ant.

Here's an idea for you Rez, why don't you work on fixing your union, and SkyWest will work on fixing SkyWest.

part of the puzzle to fixing my union is getting the freeloaders to man up... Why should all of our hardwork, dues money and gains be redistributed to those who don't contribute....

just saying...

Anyway.... if not Woerth then who would make a good FAA Admin?

If he can completely eliminate the concept of "reduced rest" and overhaul the duty/rest regs to reflect the realities of commuting he's got my support. He can't be any worse than Harry Reid's aid.

part of the puzzle to fixing my union is getting the freeloaders to man up... Why should all of our hardwork, dues money and gains be redistributed to those who don't contribute....
Please explain, in specifics, how non-ALPA airlines are all freeloaders of ALPA. And please don't try and cite stuff that is a typical airline perk, like JS agreement.

Personally, I think you want all the other airlines to be ALPA because misery loves company.

So far this year, all the airlines furloughing and taking paycuts are ALPA.
The non ALPA airlines have been hiring and taken a pay raises.

Please explain, in specifics, how non-ALPA airlines are all freeloaders of ALPA. And please don't try and cite stuff that is a typical airline perk, like JS agreement.

Personally, I think you want all the other airlines to be ALPA because misery loves company.

So far this year, all the airlines furloughing and taking paycuts are ALPA.
The non ALPA airlines have been hiring and taken a pay raises.

May I toss in something in regards to my political opposite?

What he is talking about is the sort of thing like the SkyWest pilot group being handed raises immediately after ASA pilots reached their deal. Additionally, many of the work rules well enjoy came at the expense of ALPA members. There are many FAA regulations that came about as a direct result of ALPA lobby efforts. Everyone gets a piece of that pie.

I don't always agree with how ALPA conducts its business. At some times I find it down right despicable. (I WILL NOT ELABORATE, REZ. :) ) However, I like the lobby effort on our part when there are many forces and other lobby groups stacked against us. I do like the legal protections I get from a union. I don't like the fact that SkyWest pilots got a pay raise based on what we went through to acheive closure.

Ain't a perect world. Neither is ALPA nor are the managment groups of the airlines. There needs to be some sanity from both sides and generally there isn't so this game will keep being played probably for the foreseeable future.

May I toss in something in regards to my political opposite?

What he is talking about is the sort of thing like the SkyWest pilot group being handed raises immediately after ASA pilots reached their deal.
I thought the SKYW guys got the pay raise after the vote of ALPA didn't go through, and ASA's came along later.

Additionally, many of the work rules well enjoy came at the expense of ALPA members. There are many FAA regulations that came about as a direct result of ALPA lobby efforts. Everyone gets a piece of that pie.
So everyone should be obligated to join ALPA then?

So everyone should be obligated to join ALPA then?

The pay raise came through after ASA finished their contract.

I never said that. Some people are frustrated with the idea that others ride coattails and reap the befits of what they feel they paid for. But life isn't fair and forcing another pilot group into a union would be an even greater travesty in regards to person freedoms.

Latest resources

Back