• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Pilots-Union Chief Duane Woerth Has Inside Track to Lead FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know there are some Duane haters on here, but I don't see how anybody would think that him leading the FAA would be a bad thing. Personally, I hope he gets it, it's about time we had somebody competent in charge of the FAA.

Doesn't seem like a very desireable position these days. I honestly think he has the dedication needed to see where this industry is going and to step in an change it.

"8 hours behind the door!" vote for change

I know there are some Duane haters on here, but I don't see how anybody would think that him leading the FAA would be a bad thing. Personally, I hope he gets it, it's about time we had somebody competent in charge of the FAA.

I agree. I'm certainly not a Woerth fan at all, but having a former line pilot running the FAA has to bode well for most of us.

You forgot to put in in front of competent.

Any pilot who would be against a union line pilot leading the FAA is an absolute idiot. Whatever you think about DW, he would certainly be an advocate for pilots in any position he took.

sellout....

He'll just sell us out again. He is all about what's good Duane.

Uh, it wasn't until his departure that ALPA took another poll showing the pilots wanted to maintain age 60 retirement and then went ahead and supported it anyway. Sellout came a couple years after DW.

Any pilot who would be against a union line pilot leading the FAA is an absolute idiot. Whatever you think about DW, he would certainly be an advocate for pilots in any position he took.

Agreed! Former ALPA leader vs well connected lawyer or some other hack? I'll take Duane thanks!

Latest resources

Back