• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Former Pilots-Union Chief Duane Woerth Has Inside Track to Lead FAA

sweptback

Guess that wasn't solid
Total Time
I know there are some Duane haters on here, but I don't see how anybody would think that him leading the FAA would be a bad thing. Personally, I hope he gets it, it's about time we had somebody competent in charge of the FAA.

PA44Jockey

Total Time
Some
Doesn't seem like a very desireable position these days. I honestly think he has the dedication needed to see where this industry is going and to step in an change it.

"8 hours behind the door!" vote for change

Caveman

Grandpa
Total Time
11000+
I know there are some Duane haters on here, but I don't see how anybody would think that him leading the FAA would be a bad thing. Personally, I hope he gets it, it's about time we had somebody competent in charge of the FAA.

I agree. I'm certainly not a Woerth fan at all, but having a former line pilot running the FAA has to bode well for most of us.

Tarzan

Total Time

You forgot to put in in front of competent.

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
He can't be any worse that the previous list of incompetents and political hacks that have been there.

XJohXJ

Total Time
some
Any pilot who would be against a union line pilot leading the FAA is an absolute idiot. Whatever you think about DW, he would certainly be an advocate for pilots in any position he took.

Full of LUV

Total Time
sellout....

He'll just sell us out again. He is all about what's good Duane.

Uh, it wasn't until his departure that ALPA took another poll showing the pilots wanted to maintain age 60 retirement and then went ahead and supported it anyway. Sellout came a couple years after DW.

Fred Rogers

Neighbor
Total Time
< 30,0
Any pilot who would be against a union line pilot leading the FAA is an absolute idiot. Whatever you think about DW, he would certainly be an advocate for pilots in any position he took.

Agreed! Former ALPA leader vs well connected lawyer or some other hack? I'll take Duane thanks!

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X

Speedtape

Total Time
enough
Uh, it wasn't until his departure that ALPA took another poll showing the pilots wanted to maintain age 60 retirement and then went ahead and supported it anyway. Sellout came a couple years after DW.

Your SWAPA campaigned hard for change to the age 60 rule. SWAPA actually led the charge!

DW was not responsible for ALPA's change in position. That came from his successor. It happened about a year after he left--actually last year in December.

Last edited:

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
What's that obnoxious noise? It sounds...a bit like...

Also, mission accomplished. You're just too easy.

Bait worth taking..... looks like you'll gain again from unionism.... why buy the cow, you've been getting the milk for free.....

WayBack

Total Time
People actually think DW is a line pilot with their best intentions in mind? Give me a break. That hack did nothing for the pilots as ALPA pres.

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
atlcrashpad for FAA Administrator! Yo Yo, we cud trick out an' pimp som' serious jet!