• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former AWA Pilot writes the truth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two separate issues. The DFR suit wasn't about a unions right to re-open sections of a possible future contract during negotiations. It was a not-yet ripe attempt to collect damages from USAPA and yes to try and force the nic on us. I doubt Judge Silver will tell the company that they can't re-open sections, she doesn't have the authority to meddle with the RLA. So, once the companies suit is decided we will then put a DOH list in the contract and after it is ratified and only after it is will DFR II start. If DFR II is won by the west I doubt a judge would have the power to un-do a negotiated contract that would cost the company alot of money. Off to the beach again...happy fathers' day to all.

The dj is about the ta and contract law. You're just spouting the usapa misguided half truth about what is really happening here. This has nothing to do with labor law or the rla. If it usapa has got this one in the bag, why did they waste a full year fighting like he'll to keep this from getting in front of a judge?

If DFR II is won by the west I doubt a judge would have the power to un-do a negotiated contract that would cost the company alot of money.
A contract that violates a union's DFR isn't a valid contract so of course a judge would have the authority to set it aside. Your statement shows what I've thought all along: you know what you're doing is wrong but figure you might get away with it. Some example you set for that grandson of yours.

A contract that violates a union's DFR isn't a valid contract so of course a judge would have the authority to set it aside. Your statement shows what I've thought all along: you know what you're doing is wrong but figure you might get away with it. Some example you set for that grandson of yours.

Actually Charlie2 is teaching his grandson a good lesson - That Grandpa ain't that old and isn't going to roll over dead for an injustice that was placed unfairly upon him by some guy named Nic who wrongly believed that an older group should give up more that another group because he thought they were going out of business (even though both groups would cease to exsist without the other, according to Doug).

Metrojet

Your sanctimonious reply clearly demonstrates your lack of integrity and ignorance of what constitutes an injustice. Disagreeing with an arbitrator's decision doesn't justify making an end-run around it for your own gain. See you in Judge Silver's court for a lesson on what justice is.

No, I don't think what we are doing is wrong. We really believe we are correcting a wrong.

Hey Metrojet, I sure miss those trips and the 737-200!

No, I don't think what we are doing is wrong. We really believe we are correcting a wrong.
Help me to understand your reasoning. I get the part about you thinking Nicolau made a bad decision. A person of your age (and even mine) has seen a number of arbitrations and some of them are truly horrible. Is that not the risk in handing a dispute to a third party? Why do you think it's "correcting a wrong" to use the East's greater numbers to shove a seniority list of your liking down the West's gullet?

Seriously, like a prison psychiatrist, I'm truly trying to understand how you can rationalize your behavior.

Help me to understand your reasoning. I get the part about you thinking Nicolau made a bad decision. A person of your age (and even mine) has seen a number of arbitrations and some of them are truly horrible. Is that not the risk in handing a dispute to a third party? Why do you think it's "correcting a wrong" to use the East's greater numbers to shove a seniority list of your liking down the West's gullet?

Seriously, like a prison psychiatrist, I'm truly trying to understand how you can rationalize your behavior.

I truly believe Nicolau was given a list that was wrong. You could never ever convince me that a pilot flying an aircraft for a company which is owned by that company and operating under that companies cert, being paid by that company and paying union dues to the union that represents that companies pilots are not that companies active employee. If I tried to sue Delta's pilots union for DFR it would be dismissed on day one because I'm not part of that union but our guys are suing US Airways pilots former union and it hasn't been dismissed because they were active US Airways pilots. Ya ya I know the original intention was to have that be a separate op but it wasn't. If these guys were a bunch of new hires we wouldn't be having this discussion but the guys ALPA tried to throw under the bus were a bunch of 16+ year guys who you and yours always say "brought nothing to the table". That's just one of my rationalizations and you will never be able to change my mind.

I truly believe Nicolau was given a list that was wrong.
nobody that actually matters has EVER agreed with you. It hasn't been dismissed because it's dead in the water. Nobody is paying their attorneys. Lawyers aren't dumb enough to trust east pilots word...or credit.

nobody that actually matters has EVER agreed with you. It hasn't been dismissed because it's dead in the water. Nobody is paying their attorneys. Lawyers aren't dumb enough to trust east pilots word...or credit.

No it's not dead in the water, it's moving as fast as every other lawsuit that has ever been filed. They were so blatantly active mailine pilots. When they were furloughed what list were they on? I can't believe any pilot would want to try and screw another pilot using management. Every pilot in the world should be on these guys sides. If you got furloughed (God forbid) would you get put on a differant airlines seniority list?

No it's not dead in the water, it's moving as fast as every other lawsuit that has ever been filed. They were so blatantly active mailine pilots. When they were furloughed what list were they on? I can't believe any pilot would want to try and screw another pilot using management. Every pilot in the world should be on these guys sides. If you got furloughed (God forbid) would you get put on a differant airlines seniority list?
They accepted EMPLOYMENT AT ANOTHER AIRLINE. So yes. They were on a different seniority list. Really not hard to understand.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back