• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former AWA Pilot writes the truth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does your PBS block off your vacation before or after your pairings/line is awarded? The exact vacations are the main complaint I've dealt with in my career- it made the "time off" part of a vacation much less bc the program would still try to get my block up to the guarantee, so it just meant I worked my tail off the rest of the weeks I worked.
But the devil's in the details company to company...

The overall happiness of PBS is based on the strengths or weakness in your contract. PBS just executes with computer precision your personal preferences and the work of the negotiating committee. If you're not happy blame one of those two, or both, but not PBS. Once you grasp that you will not fear PBS. Why would you let some strangers build a lines for you, when you can do it better?

I was told the next generation of PBS would allow you to builld a schedule out of autonomous flight segments (you need not simply be awarded a 3 day or 4 day trip , but a sequence of flight segments that may or may not have the CA and F/O paired for anything more than a single flight. I have no idea how a computer could build such a schedule or how one could operate with so many opportunities for misconnects, but it is interesting to think about.

Before you reject PBS think about what you would end up giving up or back in order to keep paper bidding.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back