• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Forget Flying, Drive a Truck!

Thug Life

Total Time
But I hear there's lots of 'action' in those sleepers aft of the helm....just what I heard.

Lizzard

AKA lot lizzard...

trucker term used on the CB meaning a prostitute that works usually in truckstops or rest areas
Any lot lizzards out here tonight? I gotta get la!d.

mosyslack

Total Time
Are you nuts? Most of those guys have lost of experience and years driving trucks before they drive the ice roads. Plus, driving a truck in -20 temps or below doesn't sound fun to me when it breaks down... Or you get stuck... Or the ice cracks and doesn't carry it's weight... They commute a long way to drive the roads and aren't home for quite a while during the ice road season. You can go try, but I feel safer in a plane. The grass just looks greener on the other side, and money doesn't trump everything.

I forget that sarcasm doen't come thru too well in text. I was kidding. Money isn't everything...that's why I'm a pilot.

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
Total Time
Done!
Truckers have done a M-U-C-H better job of protecting their industry than airline pilots.
Yeah, but that's just because they're stupid and don't know any better.

Captain Morgan

Total Time
-
Hehe! "...it's all in the reflexes!" I just bought it from Best Buy for 6.99. What a steal and good on an F/O's salary.

CM

Thug Life

Total Time
I never heard that song before. Pretty good. I always liked "On the Road Again." This here's a good one too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jvqPvDUEW8

It was an old movie about machines that come to life when a comet passes to close to the earth. It was called "Maximum Overdrive." Good stuff!

CM

Maximum Overdrive. Is that when the trucks have a mind of there own. ACDC tunes right. Emilio is in I think.