• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Forecasted First Quarter Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sucks that you didn't get hired at DL, crj567. Do you have to whine in every thread about it?

If you didn't notice, we're projected to have performed better than all the other legacies....with an economy in the crapper.

So pea-tard....

How ARE those INTL routes doing?

-Smart, really smart.....

P.S.-I love how you DAL guys assume everyone- everywhere wants to work at your company... I have never applied, been interviewed, or been shown the door as many of you seem so keen to claim...

-Your dump ain't on my list-especially after the merger...

Last edited:
INTL routes seem to be doing fine.

I wouldnt be so quick to assume Allegiant would jump into ATL... they are a non-competing airline (much like DL was many years ago when they were printing their own money pretty much....before they got forced into the competition). I wouldn't doubt it if WN jumped into ATL soon anyways.

That's good you aren't applying here... sounds like you would blow to fly with on a 4-day...even worse on a 10-day!

INTL routes seem to be doing fine.

I wouldnt be so quick to assume Allegiant would jump into ATL... they are a non-competing airline (much like DL was many years ago when they were printing their own money pretty much....before they got forced into the competition). I wouldn't doubt it if WN jumped into ATL soon anyways.

That's good you aren't applying here... sounds like you would blow to fly with on a 4-day...even worse on a 10-day!

Are you really dumb enough to think those INTL routes are doing well? Check back after a couple of quarters and a few hundred furloughs and let me know what you think of INTL routes at that point.

It is very telling who IS making money. It is the airlines that are not throwing money supporting money losing RJ operations. It is what we have been trying to explain to our enlightened mgmt for years. RJs are money burners period. If the mainline has to buy the a/c, guarantee fuel price and guarntee a return of 10%, do all the advertising, etc. There is absolutly no reason some cities can support 10 50 seat flights per day to competing hubs. These cities should have 4-5 flights per day, with at least 3 in the 100-125 seat range and MAYBE and rj or 2 to fill in the off peak times. There seems to be a trend of getting out of contracts, and upgauging a/c, so hopefully in a few years you won't see any, or very few 50 seat money pits. The key will be not to allow too many 70 seaters outside of mainline.

-Gotta be encouraging for DAL and all their "inspired" moey-making INTL routes.....

-More importantly-look who DID make money. Either of those two could be knocking on DAL's door in ATL before long....

-Hmmm..... "inspired" indeed-Steenland and Andersen rock!

-Got that fry hat ready, Gen? I'll show you how to get them nice and golden-brown!

It is very telling who IS making money. It is the airlines that are not throwing money supporting money losing RJ operations. It is what we have been trying to explain to our enlightened mgmt for years. RJs are money burners period. If the mainline has to buy the a/c, guarantee fuel price and guarntee a return of 10%, do all the advertising, etc. There is absolutly no reason some cities can support 10 50 seat flights per day to competing hubs. These cities should have 4-5 flights per day, with at least 3 in the 100-125 seat range and MAYBE and rj or 2 to fill in the off peak times. There seems to be a trend of getting out of contracts, and upgauging a/c, so hopefully in a few years you won't see any, or very few 50 seat money pits. The key will be not to allow too many 70 seaters outside of mainline.

One quarter of losses related to failing INTL routes would account for all the money you claim rjs burn up over a decade.....

-Which do you really think loses more money? An rj to DHN with 23 people, or a 767 tooling across the planet with 70 people?

-It is truly amazing how many of you can't see the obvious truth-maybe I wouldn't want to see it either.

One quarter of losses related to failing INTL routes would account for all the money you claim rjs burn up over a decade.....

-Which do you really think loses more money? An rj to DHN with 23 people, or a 767 tooling across the planet with 70 people?

-It is truly amazing how many of you can't see the obvious truth-maybe I wouldn't want to see it either.

A wise man once said you can never convince a man of the truth if his job depends on a lie.

You both are losing money! RJs and Wide bodies and pretty soon Narrow bodies. Delta and the legacies alike can not fight market realities. These market realities will slowly kill and shrink these companies over the next two decades.

I know these are forecasted numbers, but how can United more then double the loss of the next closest airline. That seems a little outrageous to me?

A wise man once said you can never convince a man of the truth if his job depends on a lie.

You both are losing money! RJs and Wide bodies and pretty soon Narrow bodies. Delta and the legacies alike can not fight market realities. These market realities will slowly kill and shrink these companies over the next two decades.

So you know what is going to happen the next 20 years?

Latest resources

Back