• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ford Motor Company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Send me a private message with what you want to know, we go to do business with them on occasion and hang out at their hangar.... Looks like a pretty good place to be if you like DTW.......

I've got a good friend of mine who flies for them out of PTK. They pay him a fair salary, don't fly him too much, and he has a lot of days off. Looks like a great corporate gig to me.

I stand corrected, my buddy flies the Ford family in their Falcon 2000s, and it's a division of Pentastar in PTK. He's not based in DTW. At any rate, he makes close to 60k as SIC and knows about most of his trips about a month in advance. Not many pop up trips, and alot of months he gets more than 15 days off. Alot of times, he'll fly them somewhere and sit for three or four days too, waiting for them. I don't know if you'd consider a three or four day vacation as days off or not, but it's time away from home, so it's probably not considered time off.

As for the corporate dept. in DTW, can't help ya there. Sorry.

SheGaveMeClap said:
Alot of times, he'll fly them somewhere and sit for three or four days too, waiting for them. I don't know if you'd consider a three or four day vacation as days off or not, but it's time away from home, so it's probably not considered time off.

Never use the "V" word when referring to a trip! If you are away from home it is NOT considered time off, no matter where you are!

Ford

One of the web sites that i wound up in from a link ?? had a lot of info on them, check the avaition links ,

:D

Ford

Ford is going through a period of reorganization - they are selling their Gulfstreams and buying pre-owned Falcons...

It was Edsel Ford that purchased PentaStar. It is a separate organization as is William Clay Ford, Jr's personal flight department which flys a Falcon.

Ford

It's worse than that. They first sold their G-1159's and bought three 900's.

Next Gulfstream did a head-on-head G-IV vs. 900 comparison demonstration flight from Detroit to London and back where they loaded 8 Ford pax into the G-IV demonstrator and another 8 into one of Ford's 900's. The 900 took off first and got stuck in the tracks and weather going over to London. It was not a nice ride. The G-IV climbed above the tracks and weather and had already passed the Falcon prior to coasting out. On the way back, the G-IV went non-stop to Detroit and the Falcon crew elected to land at Bangor for fuel.

Ford immediately bought two G-IV's. They kept them a year before putting them on the block and ordering two new 900's.

Before the 900's could be delivered, Jacques Nasser, who replaced Sir Alex Trottman as CEO, asked for the guy's resignation who had sold the G-IV's and ordered the Falcons and then Jacques purchased five G-V's.

It is these G-V's that the new CEO, William Clay Ford, Jr, is replacing with used Falcons. The oldest of the GV's is now less than two years old.

Latest resources

Back