• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those that just love DHL and hate to see them go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do you feel you're "ENTITLED" to your job?

Is there ever a point where a corporation can reduce its workforce? If so, when? Are you advocating full employment until bankruptcy?

What's YOUR solution to halting the $1BILLION+ loss in the US each year?

BBB

You're clueless friend.

How much money did UPS and FedEx loose, while trying to establish there international foot hold? DPWN makes billions world wide. If the cost of making billions is loosing a few million in the USA, how is that a cataclysmic event that calls for ruining Southwest Ohio? You really need to pull your head from the sand. Your life is about to change. I'm sorry for you and the rest of us. There will be no winners in this, save management.

DHL is hemorrhaging one $BILLION+ per year in its US ops

BBB

I find it hard to believe that the ASTAR and ABX airline operations is whats causing DHL to lose 1 Bil/Yr.

How much exactly are they going to ACTUALLY SAVE by firing Astar and ABX then turn around and hire UPS for 1 Bil/Yr.

UPS'ers.. I've said it before, dont be surprised if 5-10 years down the road you guys find yourself in a similar situation, fighting for YOUR livelyhoods. Just dont get pissed when someone ask.. what makes you think you're "entitled" to this job anyway?

EVERYONE (including all UPS/IPA Pilots) should be supportive of the Astar and ABX pilots fighting for their jobs and PISSED that a foriegn company has come into this country and destroyed a perfectly good company and workforce and soon to be a States economy.

CF

Not Worth It!

I just want to jump in here and say DHL is putting us through a lot. Not just the workers, but the whole SW Ohio region. But these idiots have been screwing up since they came into America and they are not worth the stress that they are putting on us, our families, our friends and communities. If ANY of you are pushed toward the edge like what the ministry has been seeing, STOP. Go talk to a friend and get some help. Don't worry about pushing to hard, there are many of us and darn close to every lawmaker in Ohio pushing forward.

Allen Willoughby of Sugartree Ministries said he has begun to have contact with some ASTAR pilots who have “spiritual and emotional” concerns, and perhaps are suicidal.

http://www.wnewsj.com/main.asp?SectionID=49&SubSectionID=156&ArticleID=168039&TM=54543.37

I will not lie to you and say things are going to be great. And you know what, they may get worse. For now. But they will get better in time. DO NOT EVEN THINK about taking your life. It will make things worse for us and more importantly, your friends and family that NEED YOU. Over time, things will work out. They always do.

Hey Beer Belly,

There are two ways to fix DHL's problems. One is to make more money. The other is to cut costs where money is wasted.

The problem with this move is that it addresses neither one of these issues.

And yes, I sure as he77 am entitled to make my voice heard and change the direction that our company is headed. Aside from being the wrong solution, what they propose is illegal.

If you support foreign companies doing illegal things in our country, you are unAmerican and you'll find that all the rest of us have a real problem with that.

One great thing about this country is that you can fail. We like to think it is about the potential for success that makes us great but for that to be in place, you can fail.
We ahve a good many legal experts on here that seem to think forcing things works. It never does. DHL gave up, it is there right to give up, it is over and done. The failure hurts as it always does who have the emotional and career investment but no more to this group than many before.

One great thing about this country is that you can fail. We like to think it is about the potential for success that makes us great but for that to be in place, you can fail.
We ahve a good many legal experts on here that seem to think forcing things works. It never does. DHL gave up, it is there right to give up, it is over and done. The failure hurts as it always does who have the emotional and career investment but no more to this group than many before.

If that were true, then they would not try to "restructure" by using UPS. If they are trying to make it work then I feel they should talk to their current groups and get a working plan. If they did give up and fail then I guess we will only see yellow boxes and vans in Germany. And that will be fine too. But to sit back and watch this....no way. Not without a fight.

Who is this guy?

Hvy,

EVENTUALLY you'll arrive at the inevitable conclusion that you are NOT entitled to employment in a capitalist system. Once you internalize this your next move in life becomes obvious and productive for your future, vice your current useless, repetitive chant, "Save Our Jobs!"

I'd suggest you begin marketing your skills to another (hopefully more stable) employer.

I've had enough of this topic... ciao.

BBB

This??? BY a guy (assuming he's a UPS pilot) who hides behind the same type of contract and scope clauses and laws that protect HIS FRIGGIN JOB??!!! Please. If you are so pro a 100% capitalist, you never know when you'll lose your job system, why don't you boys over at UPS do away with that pesky little scope clause and let your company hire whomever they'd like!!! What a friggin hypocrite!!!

I've always said that if employment agreements were as good as a handshake and a smile, employees wouldn't need unions and CEO's wouldn't need contracts with buy-out clauses.

What a jackass.

Latest resources

Back