For those sick of a laptop, the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TheBaron said:
Don't suppose you can watch movies on it?

There are ways if you are tech savvy.

Supported File Formats
Audio: MP3, MPEG4, AAC, WAV, AMR, MP2
Image: JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PNG, Animated GIF format, SVG-tiny,
Video: MPEG1, MPEG4, Real Video, H.263, AVI, 3GP

I have a few music videos on mine, I used a file converter from this website...........http://www.internettablettalk.com/

Airbus300 said:
How would one use this tablet to type out a long e-mail? Would you use the pen to press letters, or what?

It has a screen keyboard, or handwriting recognition, ala Palm.

What is SWA/CWA?

The Crew portal used by Southwest for Trip trading, Bidding etc. It just recently went web friendly without using the dang Citrix security.

Last edited:
How fast is the internet when using bluetooth? What phones are compatible?

Found my own answers, dial-up speed when using bluetooth, have to check with manufacturer of other device for compatiblilty.

Last edited:
I don't get it, how is this better than a PocketPC with built-in wifi?
A PocketPC has thousands of programs available for it already...

-CF

It doesn't seem like it has enough memory for movies, or even that many songs ...

CheapFlyer said:
I don't get it, how is this better than a PocketPC with built-in wifi?
A PocketPC has thousands of programs available for it already...

-CF

I don't think any pocket PCs can run SWA's new scheduler.

Do any of these pocket pc's connect online the old fashion way, via phone line? Are they all wireless connections and if so about how much does a wireless connection cost?

ivauir said:
It doesn't seem like it has enough memory for movies, or even that many songs ...

It has an Expansion Memory Slot, and it uses Reduced Size - MultiMediaCards that you can purchase at many stores. You could store a movie or music on one and just change out cards, much like a DVD on a laptop.

I don't get it, how is this better than a PocketPC

I also have a pocket PC that was not wifi, but had internet capabilities. I never used it though because the screen would require too much side scrolling. For the web I would prefer this device over my PocketPC, but I still use my pocket PC for my logbook.

how much does a wireless connection cost

For the home you can make you existing service wireless for @ $40-$120, depending on which router you buy, which is what I did. On the road, SWA has an agreement with most Hotels for Free wireless, although some do charge. Same as airports, I have used this device in LAS, TUS for free, while BUF had a pay service. Overall I am happy with this device.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back