Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those People Interested in Emirates...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure whether to wish your friend good luck or what? So I'm only going to say that I wish that he gets what he is expecting to get!
Have a great trip to Dubai! Let us know how was it

TAWS said:
Hey 320,

How was this guy at NWA? Did the Pilots dislike him, or did he become a Tool later? When he came to XJ, I heard that he drove up in his Porsche and collected a $10,000 signing bonus (not refunded), then left about 5 months later! It's amazing how companies throw money into garbage (referring to him).

I know Ed. Decent guy. Was a local council chairman (and MEC vice chairman) with ALPA for several years. Later became MSP chief pilot, and then head safety guy for flight ops.

He was an A320 captain when he left NWA, so the "captain" title is appropriate. He flew A-7's in the Navy.

I had a few encounters with him when he was the MSP chief pilot. He wasn't a "hat and shoe shine" guy. The vibe I got was that he saw what the upper-level knuckleheads were doing and convinced himself he could do better. His mantra as a chief pilot was: "There is a difference between a mistake and a crime". In my dealings with him, I appreciated him telling the sCrew Schedulers they were wrong, and that I was right...and apologizing when someone else screwed up (ie: Random drug test when the SETA people had the day off).

I don't know what/how he did at CHA or MSA.

johnsonrod said:
Once the "bright Light Big City" novelty value of Dubai wears off, most people find that there is not a lot to do here unless you want to be paying out all of the time. Sure there are country clubs, beach clubs, very good restaurants and the shopping is fantastic to say the least, but all of these are a continual drain on the purse/wallet. For the majority of expats that come here, they do so to save money to put towards a better future for when they head home, unfortunately Dubai is completely geared up to take all of your hard earned cash from you, in fact that is the only reason the place exists! The place is completely artificial and has no soul. quote]

Was this poster talking about Dubai or Vegas? Lighten up Francis/francine...
You want to hug a tree in Cali? Its called capitalism.:D Enjoy it baby!!!

"Yah! Capitalism!" - Austin Powers "The spy who shagged me"

Latest resources

Back