For those of you that already turned 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys,
Hadn't been on hear in some time, and it's probably been answered, but what happens at FEDEX to the guys who are over 60 but in an SO seat. They are still employs of the company, but can they continue in a window seat til 65? Thanks again!

Guys,
Hadn't been on hear in some time, and it's probably been answered, but what happens at FEDEX to the guys who are over 60 but in an SO seat. They are still employs of the company, but can they continue in a window seat til 65? Thanks again!

YES any pilot who is 60 or over and is working as an active crewmember on a flightdeck (ie FE), then that crewmember can retro-actively go back to the captain seat and remain there til age 65.
This will be a big issue at the cargo carriers who have 3 person crew airplanes and allow retired captains to flowback to FE...

Last edited:
I can only hope my generation of pilots actually does something to better the profession. Rant Over!!

"Your generation of of pilots" blew this chance. "Your generation of pilots" knew this change was coming. You guys did absolutely nothing to stop the ICAO change 2 years before it was allowed in the US.

Then it was allowed in the US...and your generation of pilots" still did nothing..and still knew it was coming.

Even some of the ALPA guys talked about how they called their LEC reps ...they didn't even have the "nads" to get a local resolution introduced at their local meetings...now they wanna get Prater out of office.

Oh yes...my bad...some guys did whine and complain on FI.com. I had almost forgot that.

Seems "your generation of pilots" was looking for someone else to take the lead. MAybe next time, you'll be the leader for "your generation of pilots" and get something done.

Meanwhile, I'll get to working on the Age 70 rule...after all, I've got 12 more...errrr...now 17 more years to get it done.

I have done what i can do and it didn't help. Honestly if this is about being fair why dont you old guys invite the retired people under 65 to return and give them back their seniority number ahead of you until they hit 65? I would be willing to bet none of you would allow that. This isn't about being fair its about being GREEDY. Go ahead allow those whom have just retired to come back and push you back, Its only FAIR!!

I have done what i can do and it didn't help. Honestly if this is about being fair why dont you old guys invite the retired people under 65 to return and give them back their seniority number ahead of you until they hit 65? I would be willing to bet none of you would allow that. This isn't about being fair its about being GREEDY. Go ahead allow those whom have just retired to come back and push you back, Its only FAIR!!

Even if you could come back to the line, who would really want it. Airline flying so far down the toilet these days that doing just about anything is better than hanging around the wailing wall at your local base ops. I ery happy having left at age 58 and no I did not take a bundle of cash with me. Just my sanity, well...sort of.

Even if you could come back to the line, who would really want it. Airline flying so far down the toilet these days that doing just about anything is better than hanging around the wailing wall at your local base ops. I ery happy having left at age 58 and no I did not take a bundle of cash with me. Just my sanity, well...sort of.

Well i will say your doing alright then, sanity is important. Thats hard to keep working in this industry!:beer:

\bite me age 60 guys. you knew what the rules were
Its turds like you that make me glad that there will be old geezers still flying and therefore keeping you locked into the right seat of that PFT gig your parents are financing with their retirement savings, to get you moved out of their basement. Yah they knew the rules and used the system to change said rules, you on the other hand, jack off while flying the MS flight sim on your PC, and the only thing you have to show for all your "hard" work is carpal tunnel syndrome.
PBR

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back