• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

for the XJ guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
439 & 441 the "Silver City Flyers" aka "The Planes With the Maps of the Places We Don't Go Anymore" were the most gremlin-prone of the +Bs.

sorry guys, like I said ( I think) that it was a rumor, and we know how those go. But I do know that the ground instructors do not know what they will be doing over the summer since they have no 200 classes scheduled. Who knows, maybe they will spool down the 200 in favor of the 900. that only makes sense

The 200 is already staffed for 17 planes... why would we be hiring anymore except for FOs upgrading? I wouldn't read too far into the whole 200 issue.

Ground school instructors will probably be teaching RGS since it's been a year now that we started hiring again.

Yep 90 captains trained or in the pipeline right now and 84 FOs. Plenty for 17 aircraft. That puts staffing at better than 5 to 1 captain side and just shy of 5 to 1 on the FOs side.

How do they select guys from the pool? In order of the interview date? Any Idea of how many people in the pool?

How do they select guys from the pool? In order of the interview date? Any Idea of how many people in the pool?

Honestly Hollywood I'd doubt anyone knows for sure other than HR themselves. I do know there was no real rhyme or reason why I was put in a class that was 2 weeks before the other folks I interviewed with. Also there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why people got the 900 or if they got the Saab. Maybe that insight can help...a little bit.

There is actually a method to the HR madness. There is a rhyme and reason to who goes to what planes and for what class dates, despite what everyone thinks.

Before we had a pool the people were called and slotted into classes based on the needs at the time. HR would try to put folks from MSP in the 200, but if they were filling a 900 or saab class at the time, they got what was being filled. HR is willing to work with the applicant, but in the end the classes need to be filled.

At one point it seemed HR was putting all the lower time guys into the jets and higher time into the saab. That was when our upgrade time was really short, allowing those folks to at least get time on the plane they'll probably upgrade in. They weren't "handpicked" because they flew the sim the best, aced the interview etc...

As far as going to class before folks in your interview group... it probably had to do with the availability of the others, background checks, personal comitments, other jobs or a million other reasons.

Hollywood - if you're really conserned, why don't you just contact HR and go straight to the source? I think you'll be more satisfied asking the very guy (Steve) about the pool.

Last edited:
...Hollywood - if you're really conserned, why don't you just contact HR and go straight to the source? I think you'll be more satisfied asking the very guy (Steve) about the pool.

I second that, Steve is a very nice and easy to talk to guy-give him a call and I'm sure he'll be straight with you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back