Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mr Hat

Just a few Q's for ya.
Whats the current upgrade time. I know it used to be like 12-24 months as per the website but I assume its slowed a little over recent years.

Do you guys get to go over to Europe to pick up the new A320s or is that a management funtion?

Have you heard any more about the pay rates on the E190? Knowing JetBlues history, I doubt they would low ball you guys like the rest of the industry does when the name "Embraer" is painted on the side of an airplane. Pretty soon, you will see B777's with the word "Embraer" painted on it just to keep crew costs down. Check it out, its the new BRJ777!

Will they be hiring into the left seat directly or is there enough demand to keep up internally?

Last one, how's ol JFK? Still nice and junior? For some weird reason, I long to make the trek from NJ to JFK on a daily basis one day. Prehaps I am a glutton for punishment.

Mr Hat said:
Just a few Q's for ya.
Whats the current upgrade time. I know it used to be like 12-24 months as per the website but I assume its slowed a little over recent years.

I think that we are between 18-24 months now.

Do you guys get to go over to Europe to pick up the new A320s or is that a management funtion?

We have a name the plane contest. If a pilot wins, (out of all the employees) they get to go over and pick up the new plane. I think that some of the senior guys have been going over recently.

Have you heard any more about the pay rates on the E190? Knowing JetBlues history, I doubt they would low ball you guys like the rest of the industry does when the name "Embraer" is painted on the side of an airplane. Pretty soon, you will see B777's with the word "Embraer" painted on it just to keep crew costs down. Check it out, its the new BRJ777!

It has been talked that it will be 2/3's of the bus pay rates.

Will they be hiring into the left seat directly or is there enough demand to keep up internally?

No hiring directly into the seat. There will be those that want the quicker upgrade and will take the 190 so that we will not have to do that. Probably for quality of life, like where the bases will be.

Last one, how's ol JFK? Still nice and junior? For some weird reason, I long to make the trek from NJ to JFK on a daily basis one day. Prehaps I am a glutton for punishment.

A pretty good mix in JFK, but still where most of the new hires will go at first.

Wow, I can't believe upgrade times are still running so low. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Have Fun!

ILStoMinimums said:
JFK is the big base, what are the others? LGB....??

LGB and FLL for now. The possibilities for the EMB190 are, but not limited to, IAD, MCO and BOS. That is from upper level management and not just rumor. The FLL & LGB bases have about 45 pilot crews each. Expansion plans for each base are just speculation and is hard to predict.

Hope this helps.

C yaaaa

EWR, come out to EWR!!! Prehaps someone needs to know how much "Ragweed" JB is smoking.

jetblue320 said:
LGB and FLL for now. The possibilities for the EMB190 are, but not limited to, IAD, MCO and BOS. That is from upper level management and not just rumor. The FLL & LGB bases have about 45 pilot crews each. Expansion plans for each base are just speculation and is hard to predict.

Hope this helps.

C yaaaa

Any plans for more West Coast expanding? How about a base in WA or OR? Does PDX sound legit?

Rumor and speculation continue to run rampant on whether or not OAK will be a "mini base" by the end of this year.

No one really knows for sure, but that's the best guess. Now what identifies a "mini base" is uncertain as well.

Point in fact, they won't release hard info since the stock is now publically traded. The employees will find out shortly before a press release and that's as close as we all ever really get to knowing the hard facts on future growth and expansion. I guess there are those times when David and Dave speak to a class and inform them of our future aircraft deliveries, etc. All in all, everything is close hold info.

We also can keep track of "potential destinations" by where our company real estate folks jaunt off to.

Anything and everything is speculation. But us west coasters can dream.

Happy landings

Latest resources

Back