Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Not quite

SDF2BUF2MCO said:
side, what I was wondering (out loud) is if one of the deciding factors in JB chosing Orlando for their sim training was because there is a Mormon presence here. The fact that there is a temple here indicates that. That's all. If you ever lived in Utah you'd know what I mean.
Enjoy the view from the executive suite.

Probably the main reason MCO was chosen was availability of real estate and the cost of it. Orlando was very accomodating with leases and creative bond issues and the like. I don't know all the details, but I do know Orlando, being born and raised there. Climate, ease of transportation to and from, and a host of other factors came into play as well making it a good fit for our needs. The fact that David is a Mormon or that there is a temple there had nothing to do with it. The same holds true with the speculation that because David was born in Brazil, we chose the EMB190. It's simply not true. Remember, David is the CEO, which is only one seat on the Board of Directors. I am not trying to downplay his importance, but he does have help in making major decisions after all.

C yaaaa

Re: Sorry this is getting out of hand...

xanderman said:
Sorry guys I never intended this to become a "religious" topic.
Maybe if you ask if there are any GOP members there, it won't turn into a "political" thread either.

Latest resources

Back