? For Jetblue Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CosmoKramer

Spirit's TA does not include any guaranteed stock option plan or profit sharing. How well did the pilots do who were there for their IPO? Thanks.

Spirit's TA does not include any guaranteed stock option plan or profit sharing. How well did the pilots do who were there for their IPO? Thanks.

They made a sh*tload of money!

We get profit sharing if we make money or not.

CSPP (optional).

Spirit going public?

Did your TA pass?

Last edited:
Those who are not pre IPO are mostly underwater.

I think the number is close to 95%.

We don't have guaranteed anything.

Our profit sharing is not part of our contract. The Juicers will tell you that the PEA has a section that refers to Profit Sharing. However, this section specifically refers to the ability of the company to change, modify or terminate the Profit Sharing at anytime. Once you point that out the juicers will start talking about well UAL/NWA etcs pension wasn't guaranteed either - "was it"?

Most guys I've talked to about it that got the option, laugh. It'll have to quadruple from where it is now to break even. Long term investment...

Yeah... the stock options are essentially worthless for almost everyone that wasn't pre IPO, that includes me. The stock would have to double in price to really help any of us. And go back up to around $50-60 a share to help all of us.

Let's not forget the ten year horizon on the stock options, too. They turn to dust for a lot of guys in the coming years and will expire utterly worthless.

We should all exercise one share and demand the certificate just so we can put them in a frame on the wall. Or, better yet, sell it on EBay for double!

Guys,

RTFQ

Did the pre IPO pilots at JB make money on the stock?

ABSOLUTELY AND THEN SOME.

Guys,

RTFQ

Did the pre IPO pilots at JB make money on the stock?

ABSOLUTELY AND THEN SOME.

Actually, it depends upon when and if they sold the stock. Some folks get so greedy and hold and hold, only to watch it tank.

Also depends on how much stock they were granted.

But yeah, some folks likey make some good money. And the really smart ones sold every share they had on the second day of trading. You would have been crazy to hold a stock opening at 27 bucks and watch it hit 45 bucks at close!

I'd have chaffed every vested share I had!:) And felt good about it!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back