• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090224/ap_on_go_co/plane_splashdown_hearing

Like so many of us do, I occasionally look back and remember life at the airlines.

Finally some friggin justice for pilots. I guess it took ditching a plane in the Hudson to get DC to listen, but good on Sully for telling the Congress and the flying public what pilots deserve and what has happened at the airlines. All the major news channels are running this story too.

For those of us who were lucky enough to land at NetJets, lets remember all the ones who didn't.

Safe Travels all.

And yet, turds like John McCain STILL think pilots are under-worked, over-paid primadonnas.

I thought the whole Sully thing was getting just a TAD overdone. Not anymore. I'm glad he's using the notoriety to good ends.

For those of us who were lucky enough to land at NetJets, lets remember all the ones who didn't.

I don't know your background Wolfpack so I won't comment on what your perspective might be. Compared to a regional job NJA is a huge improvement. Compared to a good legacy/major NetJets may not fare so well depending on each individual's likes/dislikes. When I compare my current job (3rd year FO at B6) to a 3 year guy at NJA I don't see any big difference. They both seem to be pretty decent places to work. Each has it's pros and cons, but nobody I fly with is lamenting they aren't at NetJets. It just isn't anything we think about. I'm glad you're content with your current job, but you don't have to worry about poor little ol' me. I'm doing just fine flying for an airline. Thanks anyways. :rolleyes:

As far as Sully speaking out, I'm glad he's using his 15 minutes of fame to voice his opinion. Frankly, I think he's pissing into the wind. Nobody is going to change anything just because Sully says so. This entire industry is driven by supply and demand. Until there is a legitimate shortage of professional pilots not a whole lot is going to change.

I don't know your background Wolfpack so I won't comment on what your perspective might be. Compared to a regional job NJA is a huge improvement. Compared to a good legacy/major NetJets may not fare so well depending on each individual's likes/dislikes. When I compare my current job (3rd year FO at B6) to a 3 year guy at NJA I don't see any big difference. They both seem to be pretty decent places to work. Each has it's pros and cons, but nobody I fly with is lamenting they aren't at NetJets. It just isn't anything we think about. I'm glad you're content with your current job, but you don't have to worry about poor little ol' me. I'm doing just fine flying for an airline. Thanks anyways. :rolleyes:

As far as Sully speaking out, I'm glad he's using his 15 minutes of fame to voice his opinion. Frankly, I think he's pissing into the wind. Nobody is going to change anything just because Sully says so. This entire industry is driven by supply and demand. Until there is a legitimate shortage of professional pilots not a whole lot is going to change.

you airline guys are sucked into that BSJS. compare the weight of your plane to a Hawker 400 and then compare the pay scale.

isn't that how airline pay works? the bigger the plane the higher the check?

I thought the whole Sully thing was getting just a TAD overdone. Not anymore. I'm glad he's using the notoriety to good ends.

Anybody else remember Al Haynes, the United pilot who flew a DC-10 with no hydraulics into Sioux City about 20 years ago? He continued to talk about it on the motivational speaker tour for years after the event. I think Sully is probably headed for the same fate. He can retire from USAir and make a crapload of money telling the story over and over.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090224/ap_on_go_co/plane_splashdown_hearing

Like so many of us do, I occasionally look back and remember life at the airlines.

Finally some friggin justice for pilots. I guess it took ditching a plane in the Hudson to get DC to listen, but good on Sully for telling the Congress and the flying public what pilots deserve and what has happened at the airlines. All the major news channels are running this story too.

Safe Travels all.

The sad part is that the Colgan crash helps his arguement.

Yeah, I know a guy who drives a bread truck ! He make twice what I did, when I was working, He and his wife do what they want, when they want. Their kids college Ed is paid for. He's on track to retire at 60. Nice for him, did it all with no student loans, and he's home every night. Like he says...."You got a title..I got a life..." Amen brother, I'm drinking your beer tonight.

Latest resources

Back