Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailey3083

I'm Not Hiding
What are the chances that we ALL could land a JS agreement with the Majors/LCC/Regionals? I know with they way our schedules go that it will be hard but I think if all of us come together as an industry that we could do this.

Could you reciprocate and offer airline pilots a seat in your airplane? Does it seem fair that you can ride in their airplane, but they can't ride in yours?

Wel since we do not have a jumpseat..it would be tough..but, I am all for allowing my fellow pilots a ride on any repositioning flight. Not the best way to get around and a tad risky in actually getting to your destination...but why not.

Could you reciprocate and offer airline pilots a seat in your airplane? Does it seem fair that you can ride in their airplane, but they can't ride in yours?

I have heard of a couple of stories.....

1. Two NJs pilots flying on UAL to SFO. From there they are to ferry a plane to LAS. They were talking to the UAL FAs, and they were going to be commuting home to LAS. After landing the pilots called a chief pilot to get approval to take the FAs on the NJ plane. Yes, they did take them.

2. Same type of story, but it was a SWA flight and the SWA pilot got the ride home on the NJ plane.

We can take people, but it is very hard to get the ferry flights and the airports all lined up.

As I understand it, our jumpseat committee (yes we DO have one) actually had a whole program worked out where we would be able to reciprocate with the understanding that our destinations can and occasionally do change. CASS access would not be a problem as it is open to those with a 135 cert who are willing to pay for it. The hangup came in getting our management to sign off on it, which they currently seem unwilling to do. I would love nothing more than having jumpseat accesss again and have repeatedly offered to volunteer to help the committee but it seems we are at an impasse with the company for now. I'm sure that its probably something we could negotiate for in the next round but quite honestly, i'd rather get a big raise.

CS does have formal JS agrements in place with a few carriers. It is open for position flights. Understand that the destination can change at any time on repo flights. Also remember that all frac flights leave from one of the FBOs on the field.

X

CS does have formal JS agrements in place with a few carriers. It is open for position flights. Understand that the destination can change at any time on repo flights. Also remember that all frac flights leave from one of the FBOs on the field.

X

So you were able to get a JS agreement that is great. I am wanting to make that move here at Flex but always get the " It cant be done since there is no guarantee we can get them home. So with the knowledge that CS has a JS, I can push forward. Mind me asking with who?

Bailey

Well Doc we can allow people to catch a ride with us but there is those few times when we are rerouted while airborne so you might not get home and that is the biggest issue. The second biggest issue is that we can be scheduled to go out empty to suddenly have a live leg do to MX or some other factor.
So I guess my biggest questions is since almost every 121 carrier has an agreement with each other would they be willing to accept an agreement with some one they might only be able to use 30% of the time?

Bailey

Latest resources

Back