For AIRTRAN AND SWA PILOTS ONLY!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Staple

Both the SWA and AT guys right below me :)

But I promise to bid LBB-MAF 3 days

RESPECTFULLY, the arbitrators will take care of this SLI. Airtran pilots would be foolish to negotiate with SWAPA, and Gary hasn't put it up to SWAPA this time for a vote. This was done with Wall ST's help. Wall ST is watching this. So, prepare to get close to relative seniority with some small gaps here and there, all determined by arbitrators. BUT YOU GOTTA RELAX NOW MY BROTHERS! CHILLAX! GO SMOKE A LEGAL DUBIE!

Regardless, you guys are ALL FANTASTIC PILOTS, and CHICKS DIG YOU (except REDFLYER) If you have a chance tomorrow, try with all your might to do something nice for someone, like if your sushi chef cuts his finger with his large knife, help him cut the last sushi roll with your leatherman. See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't care how the merged seniority list turns out, but for God sake please don't give us Delta's Reserve system!!! I would rather be stapled to the bottom of the whole list!!!!!!!!!

I was hired in one of the last classes at swa. Yes we have not grown. Gary did tell our union to get ready for us to buy some one. So we have not grown to save and buy Airtran. We had 3.8 billion in short hand cash and now have 2.4 because of the Airtran purchase. I wanted us to grow organic.

We as a company spent 70 mil to not furlough, this is huge to know that you will have a job and can still pay the bills. With that being said, your MEC will see are pay, scheduling flexibility(ELITT), vacation, are future retirements and management is better for the airtran pilot group. Not to forget our 3300 flights a day route structure and loyal customers, and don't forget the west coast.

So what is fair? What do you bring to SWA? .

RESPECTFULLY, AT brings 40 738s to you sooner than if you could buy them yourselves. (would you like to FENCE those for the AT guys only? The arbitrators would probably do that for you if you want. 5 years?) They bring access to the busiest airport in the WORLD, and the largest city in the South. They bring more slots at LGA, and new ones at DCA. They give you total dominance at BWI and MDW. They bring INTL routes. And, they bring XM radio and some passengers that will pay a bit more for something better than coach. BUT WHO CARES MY BROTHERS????

Regardless, all of you are FANTASTIC PEOPLE. WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, ALL OF YOU ARE RAD! If you have time tomorrow, try if you can to be nice to someone or something. If you see a lifeless rat on the side of the road, use a tire pump to try to give him pump to mouth recessitation. If it works, he will be your friend for life! See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't care how the merged seniority list turns out, but for God sake please don't give us Delta's Reserve system!!! I would rather be stapled to the bottom of the whole list!!!!!!!!!

RESPECTFULLY, you actually may be close to that request anyway. It will be up to the arbitrators in the end. BUT REMEMBER MY BROTHER, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME ON FI, EVEN ON YOUR LBB LBB LBB 4 day trips.

Regardless, EACH ONE OF YOU IS FANTASTIC. EVERYONE OF YOU IS SPECIAL. If you have a chance tomorrow, try to be nice to someone if you can. If you see a hooker walking the street in the rain, offer her your jacket, and give her a rose. See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is exactly why this merger can work. Both groups are unwilling to take this thread as flamebait. Nothing to see here, move right along kind sir.

Amen,

This merger is going to happen. Let's keep in perspective that we will be working together regardless how they merge the list. I'm sure it will be done fairly no matter who does it and someone is going to get a short stick for a while. I for one have just sealed my fate as an F/O for another 5 years or more, but who's counting when I'm being paid fairly and treated fairly.
Therefore, us slugs on the line need to focus on good times ahead! Remember how it is flying with a negative jackleg??? Don't be that guy.

Last edited:
Re: For AIRTRAN AND SWA PILOTS ONLY!

Airtran pilots would be foolish to negotiate with SWAPA...

That's right Lee. Lowering expectations at Airtran is the conventional wisdom.

They will be expected to take a bullet for the team in the hope that ALPA may entice the new Southwest to join.

Latest resources

Back