• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Focus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Training pay is the best of all the ACMI's, 30 hour guarantee plus perdiem and hotel ($59/hour and $48/day perdiem). Full 60 hour guarantee starts the day of your checkride.

As far as QOL. The company basically owns you 19 days a month (or more technically, 38 out of every 2 months). You will go anywhere and everywhere, alot of sitting, some flying. Crews are good. Home based, long positive space commutes in coach (AKA: SFO-DXB for 27 hours). Hotels are nice, company makes sure you have a hot breakfast (no continental breakfast bull, you can put it on the company Credit Card if you have to). Company also pays all the internet connect fees at every stop (some as high as $40 per day), so keeping in contact back at home is pretty easy. $2.00 perdiem from the time you leave home

There has been a MASSIVE shakedown and remanning of upper management in the last year. They have fired a whole bunch of bad apples. The long and the short of it is the current folks that are in the President/DO/Chief Pilot slots were all hired at Focus as regular line pilots. They are actively making attempts to better this place and get pilots to stay. They arn't always succeeding, but I believe they are honestly trying.

There have been some changes to the "contract" (we are non union) recently, all the companys doing, and all in favor of the pilots. Block or better, DH pay, 30 day pay cycle (instead of 60). We have 4 airplanes, we have flying for 4 airplanes we are just lacking crews right now. There is a backlog of IOE going on right now. Rumor (nothing more) is that the 5th airplane is coming in March (200 RR nose loader from Saudia Arabian)

If you don't mind long stints on the road, you will be rewareded with long stints at home, and they won't bug you on your days off. Guaranteed 11-12 days a month at home (30 or 31 day month) and all traveling to/from work is considered a work day.

Would I recommend coming to work here, as far as ACMI's go I think we probably have the best work environment. If this place hangs around, I think its going to turn into an alright spot to be, ASSUMING it hangs around. We are not in threat of closing down right now I don't think as the investment company has thrown a bunch of money at us in the last 2 years, and we are just now starting to have money making potential. The work rules are somewhat strange, but the folks are good, and there is some respect as to your home life. The best way I have heard it put "This isn't a great place to work, but it has potential"

Cheers

What kind of NAV systems are you guys running? 72's, 92's GPS updating? Are you using PMS or straight AT?

Seeya in a few days C

Are we gettin to fly together? I'll keep my fingers crossed as that would be F'IN AWESOME!

Your boys out here arn't kicking my butt too bad, couple of black eyes and a bleeding nose, but I don't think anything is broken...and I might just survive the experience. Now the BKK experience, that I am not so sure I am going to survive
:beer:

Latest resources

Back