• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Focus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Use to work there. Pay is fairly good for ACMI. Some strange work rules though. But overall, they are trying to built an airline. Which means they take care of their crews. They don't have the parts that Southern & Kallitta have. So they are hanging on by a thread to a cut throat industry. Future is gloomy.

When everybody is doing a moderate hiring and someone like Focus is doing all these agresive hiring advertising should tell you something. It is weird. I had the chance to talk to some Focus employee and all said the same thing. If you can find another job go for it. All seemed miserable and unhappy. Thanks God I'm retired. Check older threads about Focus. It is a good place to get screwed easy.

When everybody is doing a moderate hiring and someone like Focus is doing all these agresive hiring advertising should tell you something. It is weird. I had the chance to talk to some Focus employee and all said the same thing. If you can find another job go for it. All seemed miserable and unhappy. Thanks God I'm retired. Check older threads about Focus. It is a good place to get screwed easy.

The first year or so was absolutely miserable. And I have never had anything good to say about them. I personally hope the Chief Pilots looses control of his bladder. But I have to be fair, and comparatively speaking I.E. Tradewinds, Southern Air, I think those are worse. I think the people that own Focus are trying to do right. But they do have a serious uphill battle. Many of my friends still work there, always wishing them the best.

I believe Kalitta Air(only) is a better bet. Safer, better bennies and future. More of a career, better name.

Ask the guys who left Southern for Focus two years back about that.......me thinks they wish they were still at Southern.

The first year or so was absolutely miserable. And I have never had anything good to say about them. I personally hope the Chief Pilots looses control of his bladder. But I have to be fair, and comparatively speaking I.E. Tradewinds, Southern Air, I think those are worse. I think the people that own Focus are trying to do right. But they do have a serious uphill battle. Many of my friends still work there, always wishing them the best.

A friend recently left Focus and he said that they hit rock bottom after a big embezzlement shake up followed by the firing of many managers. However, now things are starting to look up and a trend to recovery is apparent. The big problem now; they're very short on crews.

Ask the guys who left Southern for Focus two years back about that.......me thinks they wish they were still at Southern.

I did, and initially I'd agree with you. But I'll bet right now they are on the fence post.

Latest resources

Back