Focus Air, rumor or truth....?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'n not gonna protest!

Focus is nothing more than an Atlas adjunct. Same people. And not a good deal. One talk with the V.p. of Ops told me that. 60 days lines and no overtime unless you work 130 hours in 2 months. Work you a#* off one month then sit the next. Nah. Plus the pay sucks.

Yeh, that sucks. Unfortunatly this is the competition for the Atlas/Polar classic flying. It's all about the costs. Kalitta, Tradewinds, Focus, Air Bridge, Cargo360, you name it. The Calssic is much like the DC8 15-20 years ago. A cheap freight airplane that is going at it with low labor costs.

Pilot877 said:
Has anybody actually seen their 747 move from the JetCenter Ramp? They could possibly run out of start-up capital before they get through the FAA bureaucracy gauntlet. Parking that thing at FLL can't be cheap.

Last week or so, they towed it over to the old Amerijet (I think) ramp just south of Rwy 09L. It was there for a time now it has disappeared. Yeah, it spent months on the Jet Center's ramp. I was wondering about them.

Saw the plane parked on the north end of the Miami airport on the maintenance ramp two days ago!

Nice looking plane!

Last edited:
Just saw the second Focus 747-200 in Amsterdam parked over at the maintance

hangars.

Departed MIA this morning, and saw the plane parked on the North maintenance ramp. They keep flying between FLL and MIA, sure gonna take a long time to break guarantee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back