Focus Air/ERAU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Yeah

This is part of an aritcle I found about a "Bridge" program with ERAU and Focus. What do you guys think of this? Any of you who work at Focus care to talk about it? How many hours do these guys/gals have before sitting sideways on a 747? Sounds pretty amazing to me.

Focus Air Hires Four Flight Officers from CAPT Program

Daytona Beach, Fla., Feb. 23, 2005 -- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has successfully placed four graduates of its Commercial Airline Pilot Training (CAPT) program as flight officers at Focus Air, a worldwide cargo carrier. The graduates will begin March 1 with Focus Air. Under a New-Hire Bridge Program agreement with the carrier, the four CAPT graduates will be employed in Focus Air’s flight operations center as flight followers for six months and six more months in other capacities to acquaint them with the international cargo business. They will then train to become Boeing 747 flight engineers for 12 months, followed by training to become B-747 first officers.

It's only money and money is a tool...I say tool up and get it on. After all, seniority is everything.

Boogie said:
Does anybody know how expensive ERAU's CAPT program is?

Its expensive, I wouldn't do it. Focus is a start-up that hasn't even started-up yet. It almost sounds too good to be true. Low time guys flying international on the Whale. There are no short cuts in aviation. You will pay your dues one way or the other. You'd be better off taking that money and getting your 737 type, get hired at a commuter, build your time and go to SWA.

BoilerUP said:
Ridiculously expensive. But you get the oh-so-coveted MD-90 type rating!!!

But that MD-90 type rating might give you a leg up if you desire to fly for Eva Air.:D

Latest resources

Back