Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jumppilot

Something in a box
In the last months ALPA magazine, there was an article about F/O Timothy Martins. The article mentioned all the things he did, such as volunteer for the FD, fly F-16s in the NJ ANG and fly for American Eagle.

Where it gets interesting is, according the baseops forums, no one knows this guy from that unit.

His LinkedIn profile says he graduated from the USAFA in 2006, yet was a pilot for American Airlines in 2005. Something isn't right.

Any mil guys know this person and can validate his claim?

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16895-another-potential-poser/

Surprised that people are so silent on this one here. Maybe it's because the topic is in the military forum.

Perhaps it would get better input in the Regional forum. Supposedly it's getting loads of discussion on the American Eagle pilot forum (which I'm not a member of).

It is getting alot of attention, apparently he is a liar. I think hes 29 years old and claims to works part time member of the FDNY/F-16 pilot in NJ/and has graduated from 2 different colleges. Not saying that is not doable cause it is, but flying for AA isnt and has people wondering. Things arent adding up. Some eagle guys have contacts at that guard unit and all have said they havent herd of him. Someone is gonna have some explaining to do.

I love the part how he would pass off SWA's blog stories as his own.

Exhibit A: http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=78400051&start=10#!/note.php?note_id=2215821112

Exhibit B: http://www.blogsouthwest.com/blogsw?page=113 (Scroll down to around the middle)

You can find many other examples.

I've screen captured and printed all of these posts in case he ever tries to get on with my airline. Anyone who lies about who they are (other than to a drunk girl at a bar, of course) is one step away from lying to the company and feds - a pattern has been set.

Last edited:
He's the whole package, isn't he? He lied about the AF Academy, the ANG, about being a SWA FO, plagiarized a SWA Captain, and probably about being a member of the FDNY. The more I read that thread over on the other board, the more I thought of this video

If I was still at AE, I think I would refuse the flight if he was my FO. Anyone that is that much of a pathological lair has some real issues. And how in the world did ALPA not catch this? Wouldn't you think that something this fishy should have been looked into a little bit before publishing an article holding him up as a shining example of ALPA's ethics?

I'm going to have to contact some of my friends over there to see how this one plays out.

In the last months ALPA magazine, there was an article about F/O Timothy Martins. The article mentioned all the things he did, such as volunteer for the FD, fly F-16s in the NJ ANG and fly for American Eagle.

Where it gets interesting is, according the baseops forums, no one knows this guy from that unit.

His LinkedIn profile says he graduated from the USAFA in 2006, yet was a pilot for American Airlines in 2005. Something isn't right.

Any mil guys know this person and can validate his claim?

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16895-another-potential-poser/

The 5th poster in that forum link has an AWESOME avatar!

eP.

sounds like one of those dip*hits you see on 60 minutes claiming to have a CMH, former Navy Seal, etc. Just for claiming milatary service this mf'r should be speaking to the FBI. Not of Moral Charecter? IF he has an ATP, it should be yanked. If he doesn't, he should never get one. ALPA is on a huge Professionalism kick right now and rightfully so. 10 minutes of this poser on the news will set the profession back another year. Ethics, Integrity, Competence. These are values shown by the majority of pilots in the U.S. This guy fits in where???

I've come across a few people like this just at my airline and they all have the same type of stories-usually they're high level law enforcement and/or ex-military of some sort. They always know people really high up in the government to get them out of jams too. It's pretty comical

Latest resources

Back